Hallowen Costumes

brcris75

We're going to be on the Holiday for Halloween. Will there be a costume contest or anything like that? Will the ship be decorated for Halloween like it is at Christmas? The last time we did one this time of year we actually got off the ship the day before Halloween and there were no decorations at point. Just wondering whether or not to pack costumes. Don't want to take up shoe space if it's not needed! lol

Last year, we were on the Legend on Halloween. They had kid's trick or treating, costume contests for kids and adults and a good portion of the staff was dressed in a costume of some kind. They decorated the ship the day before with spider webs, inflatables, signs, etc..

Yes, they have a costume contest instead of a show on Halloween night. I dont remember any special decorations, but they do a special dessert at night and folks decorated their doors.

Special desserts are good-- as long as they don't take away my Warm Molten Chocolate Cake!!

quote=brcris75;15946674]Special desserts are good-- as long as they don't take away my Warm Molten Chocolate Cake!!

they did. they had a choice of pumpin cheese cake with wings, I think it was an angle, or chocolate cake dressed up like a batman. one or the other.

Picture017-1.jpg[

Last year, we were on the Legend on Halloween. They had kid's trick or treating, costume contests for kids and adults and a good portion of the staff was dressed in a costume of some kind. They decorated the ship the day before with spider webs, inflatables, signs, etc..[/quote

So the ship wasn't decorated the whole cruise, just a day or so? That would be good, IMO. It'll be fun doing the Halloween thing, but I'm afraid it would take away from the cruise atmosphere that I sooooo long for! :)

they did. they had a choice of pumpin cheese cake with wings, I think it was an angle, or chocolate cake dressed up like a batman. one or the other.

That'll be cool! And pumpkin cheesecake sounds really good.

Last year, we were on the Legend on Halloween. They had kid's trick or treating, costume contests for kids and adults and a good portion of the staff was dressed in a costume of some kind. They decorated the ship the day before with spider webs, inflatables, signs, etc..[/quote

So the ship wasn't decorated the whole cruise, just a day or so? That would be good, IMO. It'll be fun doing the Halloween thing, but I'm afraid it would take away from the cruise atmosphere that I sooooo long for! :)

No, they put the decorations up the day before and I think they took them down the next day. I love Halloween though so I liked them! The more creative you can be the better...some people went all out for costumes!

quote=brcris75;15946674]Special desserts are good-- as long as they don't take away my Warm Molten Chocolate Cake!!

Picture017-1.jpg[

Hey I remember seeing those deserts onboard

the Fantasy last year too !

Was pretty cool!

They had decorations up on the last formal night of the cruise

Had spooky backgrounds for pics ... I totally loved it

Crew was dressed up in costumes, had a halloween Dance

and voting on Best Costume after that :)

Thanks for the answers. Now I've got to get busy coming up with costumes that won't take up too much space in my suit case!

Last year the SO did Clark Kent. Just ebay a superman t-shirt and Clark Kent Glasses. Then wear that under a jacket and dress shirt recycled from formal night, open up the shirt a bit and toss the tie over your shoulder.

Archived