Onboard Credit

I have a question about OBC and I hope someone can help me out. We have connecting cabins on our Mariner cruise next year. The kids are in the D1 and DH and I are in a JS. We have a 225 OBC from our TA for the JS and a 125 OBC for the D1. Since the kids will be on our sea-pass account (neither one are old enough for a credit card), will RCCL let us use up their OBC? The reservations are linked.

Anyone w/prior experience with this, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Debbi

I have a question about OBC and I hope someone can help me out. We have connecting cabins on our Mariner cruise next year. The kids are in the D1 and DH and I are in a JS. We have a 225 OBC from our TA for the JS and a 125 OBC for the D1. Since the kids will be on our sea-pass account (neither one are old enough for a credit card), will RCCL let us use up their OBC? The reservations are linked.

Anyone w/prior experience with this, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Debbi

You could always use the kid's OBC for their gratuities. The kid's gratuities will be about $140 for the week.

You could always use the kid's OBC for their gratuities. The kid's gratuities will be about $140 for the week.

I thought about that but since the kids seapass will be linked to ours, I did not know how they would just charge the tips to the OBC. Guess I'll find out when we cruise.

Thanks for your help!

Debbi

I thought about that but since the kids seapass will be linked to ours, I did not know how they would just charge the tips to the OBC. Guess I'll find out when we cruise.

Thanks for your help!

Debbi

Here's 2 other options:

Talk to your TA and ask them to put the entire OBC on your room. My TA has done that for us when I booked 2 rooms.

Talk to Guest Relations when you get on the ship and work it out with them. I have found Guest Relations to be very helpful. Even if you do nothing with the kid's OBC, at the end of the cruise they will refund you any excess OBC.

FYI...I called RCCL to get pricing for the Explorer, 5 day Bermuda cruise, and the rep told me the C&A Diamond discount for a balcony cabin is $100.00 per cabin.
I see you got your answer on your own! ;)

That is correct. DIAMOND balcony discount is:

3-5 nights $100

6-9 nights $200

10+ nights $300

PLATINUM balcony discount is:

3-5 nights $50

6-9 nights $100

10+ nights $200

OBC for booking onboard:

3-5 nights $50

6-9 nights $100

10+ nights $200