Aft Cabin on Noordam?

wolfgang36

We were in aft cabin 7140 on the Noordam out of New York last fall and looooved the aft balcony!! Great for sailaways; I loved to watch the wake from the balcony. If we were standing at the railing, we could be seen from the aft pool area, but not if we were sitting in the chairs tucked back a bit closer to the sliding door to the cabin. We would often turn and wave to the people at the railing of the aft pool or to those in cabins around us. I loved the size of the balcony, and the cabin itself seemed to me to be the same size as other balcony cabins.

I think you are making a good choice with the aft balcony. Happy 40th anniversary!

I will be the one to disagree about aft cabins on the Noordam. We were in cabin 8141, center cabin under the Lido pool.

Our deck and furniture were covered in ash most of the time. We could not walk out there barefoot because our feet were black when we walked back in. We had to put down towels on the chairs if we wanted to be clean when we got up.

More than once we had food/drinks/trash dumped on us from the Lido above. I will hope that these were accidents instead of targeted.

At night the noise from the chairs being put away was very loud. The stewards would pick up and drop chairs, sounded like a basket ball game played with bowling balls. Then at 5 am it was repeated with stacks of chairs dragged into a line and then chairs one at a time dropped into place. I could actually hear the chair bounce. Yes I did ask that they try to be more quiet but these guys work hard and want to get these chores done as fast as they can.

During the day there was not too much noise from the Lido except if a chair was dragged right over the cabin.

The good, the view was great, we could view the Greek islands longer from inside the cabin than if we had a cabin to the port or starboard.

We did not have much of an overhang from the lido so it was sunny most of the time.

I did ask our next door neighbors if the sound from the chairs bothered them and they claimed they did not hear it.

Carol

Has anyone stayed in VA 6149? Aft Cabin. Are the verandahs larger than the side cabins? DH and I leave out in Feb. 09 to celebrate 25th wedding Anniversary :)

Yes, the VA's aft are significantly larger than on the side. They are not wider, but are much deeper. About half of the balcony is covered and half exposed to the sun. I really enjoyed my aft on the Noordam.

Thank you so much for your reply. I read your post regarding the upgrade. It made me feel alot better about getting an Aft cabin. DH and I have never stayed on the Aft before, but we're really looking forward to it!! It comes with a possible upgrade. However, after reading your reply we probably will not take it if offered.:D

Has anyone stayed in VA 6149? Aft Cabin. Are the verandahs larger than the side cabins? DH and I leave out in Feb. 09 to celebrate 25th wedding Anniversary :)

Are you sure you have the right VA number. According to the deck plans I just looked at, 6149 is a VB towards the aft, but not on the very aft of the ship. THis is on the Noordam, right?

Archived