Cruise Being Sick?

I just have a quick question. My DD who is 11 has come started to cough. Does anyone know if they will let her on board. We are scheduled to leave in 5 days? Will a doctors note help or should i try to hide it? very nervous about travelling 13 hours to get to florida and then if they dont let her on?:confused:

I just have a quick question. My DD who is 11 has come started to cough. Does anyone know if they will let her on board. We are scheduled to leave in 5 days? Will a doctors note help or should i try to hide it? very nervous about travelling 13 hours to get to florida and then if they dont let her on?:confused:

Unless they look like they have the plague,you will be fine. I hope you have travel insurance because if they get worse and need a trip to the doctor or meds,you could spend many hundreds.

Steve

Hi neighbor! You may want to take her to a doc, just to get her checked out. The middle school that my DD (11) goes to has a nasty cold going around (already!). I would just tell the doc what you are planning and get something to quiet the cough and see if she needs antibiotics.

DH has had to go to the doc before both of our cruises for antibiotics. He never gets sick, but has gotten sick within 2 weeks of each cruise!

Hope she gets better!

I would take her to the doctor just to have her checked out before you

go and tell him that you will be visiting several islands. He may give you

some meds to take with you if needed. Try to get her as well as possible

before you leave. BEing sick on a cruise is no fun.

Have a wonderful trip.

Hi neighbor! You may want to take her to a doc, just to get her checked out. The middle school that my DD (11) goes to has a nasty cold going around (already!). I would just tell the doc what you are planning and get something to quiet the cough and see if she needs antibiotics.

DH has had to go to the doc before both of our cruises for antibiotics. He never gets sick, but has gotten sick within 2 weeks of each cruise!

Hope she gets better!

Thank you for the replies. She is not throwing up or anything like that just a nasty little cough think I will pick her up early today from school and get that taken care of. I just all this turns out. And our middle schools here in tennessee have a nasty cough cold thing going around too.:mad:

its my good kid to lol and she is soooooo mad over this cough she just keeps saying momma why me? im like i dunno babygirl lol I feel bad that she is coughing so bad.

I too would suggest taking her to a doctor. On TWO of our cruises, my son managed to get sick right before. One of the times, when he appeared to have a simple cold and cough, his ear was infected too. The doctor gave us some meds as well as a note stating that he was not contagious and was not a threat to anyone elses health. I just felt better knowing I had that letter in case someone questioned us at the pier.

Another thing to be aware of. On some, but not all, cruises, you may be asked, as you board, to sign a letter saying you're not sick or have been symptom-free for a certain number of days. This most often happens if there was a noro or similar problem recently and that's mostly what they're concerned about. I don't remember the exact wording of the letters. Just don't be shocked if something like this happens. Also, considering Gustave, don't be surprised if the seas are a little rough, so be prepared for that.

With kids (and adults :)), this happens alot.

I travel quite a bit (mostly business) and have gotten ill two days before. I went to the doctor before doing an Alaskan cruise and he said, "Don't worry - just call if it doesn't clear up in the next few days and I can prescribe an antibiotic for you at a drug store that will be near you, wherever you are in the states."

My response - "They don't have drug stores on cruise ships." :)

Needless to say, he gave me the antibiotic (and yes, I did need it).

First off let me Thank everyone who helped with this problem. took her too the doctors and he gave her a clear bill of health to be able to sail.:D

said she just had a severe sinus problem but she is on meds 4 times a day and doing alot better then she was. she is ready to go. poor kid i felt so bad for her there for awhile.

the hands will be washed and sanitized constantly i couldnt imagine my kid getting another child sick and my kids call me the hand sanitizing diva lol i am addicted to the stuff lol.

cant wait to see her reaction to the size of this ship i dont think she has any clue how big these things are lol she just keeps saying, " momma it cant be thatttttttttttttt big" I am just like ohhhhhhhhhh baby girl u have no clue lol

look for my review the week of the 8th of sept when we get back there will be pics of the girls and a good review to go with it.

I will keep everyone posted as to how she did with it:D

Doctor

Antibiotic

Better safe than sorry.:)

Folks, you don't take antibiotics for colds. Colds are viruses and antibiotics treat bacteria. Please read the news (Google or WebMD) on this subject. Improper use of antibiotics can make them ineffective when you do have a bacterial infection and need an antibiotic. Just a friendly heads up to all.

Happy Landings to all :)

Archived