Balcony Breakfast-More than once?

gargoyle999

I would like to try the Champagne Balcony Breakfast at least once on our Nov cruise. Wondering if doing it more than once a cruise would be "too much". Not so much as far as cost, but amount of food and having all that brought into you cabin and so forth vs just going to the buffet. Does anyone do the CBB more than once a cruise?

We've done it on the balcony twice.

Breakfast, of course. On the same cruise (Grand, March '07). The first time was AMAZING; I couldn't believe I'd paid only $25 (plus tip) for all that food, half bottle of white star, and a very charming server.

The second time was okay- the server wasn't nearly as engaging or charming as the first one and seemed nervous and uncomfortable. The first guy was very interactive and theatrical... Kind of like this:

"Oh, so today for the first course, I have the lovely blah blah blah... followed by an oh so tasty crab delight... oh wait, what's that? Something else on my tray? Could it be danishes? Oh yes, it is! Cherry and cheese and chocolate! And now, what's that I see, oh! It's smoked salmon! How about a lovely splash of champagne..." Etc etc, all smiles, absolutely WONDERFUL. Second time... ok here's your food thanks.

We're doing it again on the Caribbean in October... maybe the guy who did our first one has moved over to the CB!

The food is more than anyone I know could ever possibly eat in one sitting. I don't like danish much so I was less than thrilled... smoked salmon got saved for mid morning snack. Champagne disappeared quickly!

We really enjoyed our CBB but don't know that we enjoyed it enough to do it twice. We have no problems running up to the buffet, getting what we want and bringing it back to our balcony. We call and get our coffee, juice, croissants, danish etc. from room service and we are set.

Thanks for the replies. Decided to do it the one time just for the experience. I don't mind the buffet for breakfast and lunch so too many leftovers would be wasted. Now I hope I can change from the fish to pancakes or something. I don't like fish for dinner too much and for breakfast I don't think I could even eat it! :)

Breakfast, of course. On the same cruise (Grand, March '07). The second time was okay- the server wasn't nearly as engaging or charming as the first one and seemed nervous and uncomfortable. The first guy was very interactive and theatrical... Kind of like this:

"Oh, so today for the first course, I have the lovely blah blah blah... followed by an oh so tasty crab delight... oh wait, what's that? Something else on my tray? Could it be danishes? Oh yes, it is! Cherry and cheese and chocolate! And now, what's that I see, oh! It's smoked salmon! How about a lovely splash of champagne..." Etc etc, all smiles, absolutely WONDERFUL. Second time... ok here's your food thanks.

Ah the saying different strokes for different folks is so true. I would prefer the second waiter! Just need my food then I can take care of the rest. I hope the 2nd one is working on the Sapphire now! :)

Thanks for the replies. Decided to do it the one time just for the experience. I don't mind the buffet for breakfast and lunch so too many leftovers would be wasted. Now I hope I can change from the fish to pancakes or something. I don't like fish for dinner too much and for breakfast I don't think I could even eat it! :)

My DH ordered a ham and cheese omlet and I got eggs benedict (plus they bring all the other stuff). We don't like fish for breakfast either. It is a great breakfast.

Have you tried the dining room for breakfast? If you are looking for a change from the buffet - and don't want to do the UBB more than once - this is a great option. Especially on disembarkation day when they have the corn flake crusted french toast - yum.

Have you tried the dining room for breakfast? If you are looking for a change from the buffet - and don't want to do the UBB more than once - this is a great option. Especially on disembarkation day when they have the corn flake crusted french toast - yum.

I'm not sure I want to risk that. On Carnival we tried the dining room for breakfast once and were seated at a table with three other couples. It was very uncomfortable as they obviously knew each other very well already which was bad enough. But on top of that they were further along on their breakfast. If I can get a table for two I'd try it, but if the only option is to be seated with others I'll have to avoid it. Eating with strangers is just not my thing.

DW and I were given the ABB for a give on our CB sailing, last Sept, and it certainly is a WHOLE BUNCH of FOOD!! Nothing in particular really stands out, but they do give you a $20 half of Moet & Chandon Brut.

I don't think we would pay for the ABB though. I just was not worth it, and I can get Lox on a bagel through regular room service, and everything else was just straightforward buffet quality.

I can't stand the thought of wasted food at any time so I'm sure they'll be stuff I don't want & other things I want more of...so I'd probably be at the buffer afterward anyway. Not a good deal for us at all.

I can't stand the thought of wasted food at any time so I'm sure they'll be stuff I don't want & other things I want more of...so I'd probably be at the buffer afterward anyway. Not a good deal for us at all.

Well, I think I'll only know if I try it! Looking forward to the experience! :)

Well, I think I'll only know if I try it! Looking forward to the experience! :)

It really is very good. We never would of tried it ourselves but received it as a gift from our TA on our cruise in May. We really enjoyed it. You're right, you will only know if you try it.

BTW, I don't like eggs and my DH doesn't like the salmon. No problem, he ate my quiche and I ate his salmon. We were both very happy!

It really is very good. We never would of tried it ourselves but received it as a gift from our TA on our cruise in May. We really enjoyed it. You're right, you will only know if you try it.

BTW, I don't like eggs and my DH doesn't like the salmon. No problem, he ate my quiche and I ate his salmon. We were both very happy!

I'm hoping to substitute and maybe get an omelet. DW says she loves smoked salmon though so maybe I'll just have to take what they give us! :)

I'm hoping to substitute and maybe get an omelet. DW says she loves smoked salmon though so maybe I'll just have to take what they give us! :)

Good luck on the substitution. I don't know if they do that or not, never tried it. My DH thought the quiche was VERY good. You might not miss that omelet at all if they won't substitute for you.

Enjoy!

Good luck on the substitution. I don't know if they do that or not, never tried it. My DH thought the quiche was VERY good. You might not miss that omelet at all if they won't substitute for you.

Enjoy!

Yeah that will be part of the experience I think! I've read some posts where people say "they were happy to do it" and others who posted "they were not allowed". Maybe it depends on the ship or whomever you talk to when you set up the day and time and if they are in a good mood! :) I'm sure I'd be ok with the quiche and DW would eat my salmon so I don't think we'll go hungry!

This will be our first Princess cruise so we want to try out some of the different things they offer.

Yeah that will be part of the experience I think! I've read some posts where people say "they were happy to do it" and others who posted "they were not allowed". Maybe it depends on the ship or whomever you talk to when you set up the day and time and if they are in a good mood! :) I'm sure I'd be ok with the quiche and DW would eat my salmon so I don't think we'll go hungry!

This will be our first Princess cruise so we want to try out some of the different things they offer.

You won't know until you phone and order this. Our omlet and eggs benedict were delicious and they had no problem adding this (the only thing we did not get was the salmon and bagel).

Archived