Dinner Reservations Online: Yes or No?

It is definitely a good idea to make the resevation online if you plan on actually getting a reservation. Many of the times and days book up on the first night. There is no benefit for paying online, except you won't have to rush to a phone when you first get on the ship to get a reservation. :) Chops is FABULOUS...enjoy!

You don't need to call your travel agenet, you just need to go to RCCL's website and access you reservation.

~Christina

thanks Sue L:

when making them online do we just pay then? What's the benefit of paying online first? Just to get your favorite spot? :rolleyes:

Yes, best selection of days and times. Yes you will pay when booking, but to me it is one less expense on the ship.

We just did this for Portofino on Explorer next month; through the website, you select the date and time (they give you options for time) and pay the fee (per person) with your credit card online. It does not go on your SeaPass account - it is payable at the time of booking.

You can't reserve a particular table online as there isn't an option to do that. Perhaps you could swing by the restaurant when you board and check things out. :)

I made reservations for 2 nights since I'm not sure which night we will be going. I was told that if we cancel our seapass will be credited for the night we don't go. Though it's Thanksgiving week maybe I can auction the extra ressie off to those who are unable to book due to the high demand (just kidding).

Yes, best selection of days and times. Yes you will pay when booking, but to me it is one less expense on the ship.

And I actually really like paying for these in advance -- it spreads out the cost. Portofino and Chops both on the same cruise are $90, but since it was $40 in July and $50 this month because of booking online, it feels like not as big a deal, and frees up December money for excursions or drinks or souvenirs. :)

Wow, I learn something new everyday on this board.

I don't cruise until next year, but I would love to pay for anything I can upfront now.

Is there anyway to tell which nights will be formal vs. casual through your Itinerary?

Archived