Best Cruise for kids

5-5-07

My DH and I have cruised before but never with our children ages 13 and 9. What is the best cruise line to go on with the kids? My oldest is not interested in the Disney cruise. I am looking for a boat that will be just as much fun for them as is it for us. Any suggestiong will help.

There are many cruise lines to choose from that have great programs for the children and also will provide a nice experience for the adults. Some will list only one but I think several are nice. Some that come to mind are Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.

There are others but this is a nice set to choose from.

Keith

It really depends on your children - their likes and personalities.

Mine is only 7, and frankly he has a great time no matter where we go. He thrives on people contact and will play with children younger and older (adults, too). But he happily entertains himself for several hours as well. Some children have to be entertained, and those are the ones who usually are a little more difficult to please and to get to interact with others.

We are currently looking into a HAL cruise, and DS and and I are both very pleased that they have cooking classes for both children and adults.

The time of year when you go may be more important, too. If there are only a few children on board, your teenager might get bored. Look at the newer ships of several lines that include great onboard activities like water park, inline skating, ping-pong, rock climbing, basketball, etc if your kids are active. DS loved the waterslide on Carnival and mini-golf on Princess. We haven't sailed Royal Caribbean yet, but I want to ice skate on one of their ships.

Archived