Dock in Hamilton rather than St. Georges

gram4haley

We will be on the NCL Majesty tomorrow 8/30. I was just reading a thread where someone mentioned that due to storms there could be large waves, and we may dock in Hamilton rather than St. Georges.

Does that really happen? Does it happen often? If the ship did dock in Hamilton, would it stay there for the 4 days.

I had my heart set on exploring St. George in the early morning and walking to Tobacco Bay and for sea glass.

Being able to get off the ship, even in another town, is better than misisng a port alltogether as we did last year. Actually we missed 2 of the 3 ports (Western Caribbean) last years.

We will be on the NCL Majesty tomorrow 8/30. I was just reading a thread where someone mentioned that due to storms there could be large waves, and we may dock in Hamilton rather than St. Georges.

Does that really happen? Does it happen often? If the ship did dock in Hamilton, would it stay there for the 4 days.

I had my heart set on exploring St. George in the early morning and walking to Tobacco Bay and for sea glass.

Being able to get off the ship, even in another town, is better than misisng a port alltogether as we did last year. Actually we missed 2 of the 3 ports (Western Caribbean) last years.

You should be able to take a quick ferry over to St. George. I'm sure you're going to have a great trip! Enjoy!!

You should be able to take a quick ferry over to St. George. I'm sure you're going to have a great trip! Enjoy!!

its about an hour to St george by ferry and about 40 minutes by bus that's the bad news. The good news is that are close to Horseshoe and the south shore beaches with much more to do on front street. I am on the same cruise and right now the forecast doesn't look that bad

http://www.weather.bm

I don't believe we are schedule to arrive before 5 on Monday....pm

I am also on tomorrow's cruise to Bermuda.........from what I see from the forecast, the storm is well below Bermuda.....in fact, it's due to hit the Bahama's which is way south of where we're going. I feel confident that we'll dock in St. Georges, and I'm just using common sense. See ya all on board tomorrrow.......I've been counting down since early January.........

Michael

I am also on tomorrow's cruise to Bermuda.........from what I see from the forecast, the storm is well below Bermuda.....in fact, it's due to hit the Bahama's which is way south of where we're going. I feel confident that we'll dock in St. Georges, and I'm just using common sense. See ya all on board tomorrrow.......I've been counting down since early January.........

Michael

yes and not only are we going to Bermuda but NCL is also sending the Spirit there as well. It leaves NY on Sunday and has to be back on Saturday....so its 36 hours in Bermuda for them....I wonder where they will put it....maybe they will open Hamilton. That means 4 NCL ships in Bermuda with only 3 active berths.....

BTW at 78000 tons I think the Spirit is too big for anything but the dockyards...someone is going to tender all week....

Archived