Ruby Bed Configuration

vacationhappy

Hi -

I have received conflicting info on the bed configuration for a balcony (not a mini suite) quad on the Ruby...does anyone know if it is two uppers and two lowers or a sofa bed, or one upper and one lower?

It is my understanding that it is the same for the Emerald. Thanks!

Hi -

I have received conflicting info on the bed configuration for a balcony (not a mini suite) quad on the Ruby...does anyone know if it is two uppers and two lowers or a sofa bed, or one upper and one lower?

It should be exactly the same as the Crown and the Emerald. they are sister ships to the Ruby.

Marilyn

Hi -

Sofa beds begin with mini suites and above. There are no sofa beds in balcony cabins on the Ruby Princess.

Yes, two pull down uppers, two lowers. No type of sitting area in a balcony stateroom, that is why there is no sofa bed.

Can the two lower beds be put together as a queen when the upper bed(s) are in use?

Can the two lower beds be put together as a queen when the upper bed(s) are in use?

I have heard some tell that they have gotten the room steward to put the two lowers together when they are using all four beds in the cabin. But it is actually a safey hazzard and is not supposed to be done. The ladders to the two uppers are supposed to be over the long sides of the uppers.

The one problem many have with this is if the one in the upper bed trys to get out of bed, they end up stepping on those below.

Probably something you might have to ask your room steward about when you get to your stateroom. Either that, or look into a quad mini suite where the configuration is totally different and the beds are in different sections of the stateroom. Actually, quad minis are really set up a whole lot better than the regular staterooms for four passengers.

This is a shot of the regular quad cabin on the left, mini suite quad on the right (mini suite twins/queen are in the other side of the cabin so are not shown in this picture):

quad.jpg.24b89f567b4e4716598013371f619665.jpg

741630832_MiniSuitequad.jpg.0e0ffee9b200bf12b699554cfed7fc1a.jpg

Thanks. I had picked up a brochure yesterday which stated that the beds could not be put together when 3rd/4th beds were in use and I was just wanting to check that was the case. I think we would prefer the extra seating area in the mini-suite anyway.

We had a balcony quad and the lower bed was pushed together to form a queen. We marked queen on our booking and there was never any question about it. The ladders were placed at the ends of the two uppers and it worked out just fine.

Archived