Ice Tea from the Lido Deck

CrusinAgain

Its been a couple years since my last Carnival cruise and I know the options of drinks are far greater than Princess. However, I cannot remember if the Lido deck beverage service is available late night?

Also per the Carnivals FAQ's page on their website, it says the Lido dining is closed on the last night? If so, is their beverage service available?

We will be on the Imagination in December.

Is the tea sweet or unsweetened? If unsweetened are sugar packets available?

The Iced-tea is unsweetened. Sugar, Sweet-n-Low, splenda and Equal are available.

Iced-tea isn't available during breakfast service when the dispensers have juice.

Tea is unsweet with sugar, pink and blue sweetners. I think there was yellow but don't remember for sure. I was using blue until a few months ago so now I travel with yellow just in case.

Juice is only available at breakfast and milk is available with meals or by request. I always drink milk before bed and have to ask for it. The Legend last year had 1% only, no 2% or whole was available. Can't say that's the same for all ships or only what was available then.

NO soft drinks are available in the dining areas.

Soft drinks are available in the dining room, you simply have to ask for them. ;)

Thanks. I meant not available in a dispenser. You can request soft drinks from a server in the buffet area but you need to have a drink card or you will be charged for the drink. There are no FREE soft drinks anywhere on board the ship.

Thanks again for making it clear!

Tea is unsweet with sugar, pink and blue sweetners. I think there was yellow but don't remember for sure. I was using blue until a few months ago so now I travel with yellow just in case.

Juice is only available at breakfast and milk is available with meals or by request. I always drink milk before bed and have to ask for it. The Legend last year had 1% only, no 2% or whole was available. Can't say that's the same for all ships or only what was available then.

NO soft drinks are available in the dining areas.

Yes they have yellow!:)

Its been a couple years since my last Carnival cruise and I know the options of drinks are far greater than Princess. However, I cannot remember if the Lido deck beverage service is available late night?

Also per the Carnivals FAQ's page on their website, it says the Lido dining is closed on the last night? If so, is their beverage service available?

We will be on the Imagination in December.

I seem to remember getting drinks up there on the last night. Perhaps it is the casual dining on the lido (buffet) that is closed the last night.?

Try a shot of lemonade in the iced tea. It's pretty good.

Thanks. I meant not available in a dispenser. You can request soft drinks from a server in the buffet area but you need to have a drink card or you will be charged for the drink. There are no FREE soft drinks anywhere on board the ship.

Thanks again for making it clear!

I think we are confusing terms here. You must mean soda/pop when you say soft drink. I meant soft drink in its common usage, any non-alcoholic drink such as iced-tea or juice. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

The Iced-tea is unsweetened. Sugar, Sweet-n-Low, splenda and Equal are available.

Iced-tea isn't available during breakfast service when the dispensers have juice.

I love the iced tea. What I do is add lemonade to the tea, and if you need to add sugar. I've found this to be refreshing...with or without the added sugar:)

Just off the Imagination this past Saturday:

Ice Tea (Unsweetened) was available 24x7 in the Horizon (Buffet) Restaurant.

Ice Tea (Unsweetened) and Lemonade was available in the dinning room. We had to ask (it was not offered as a choice), but once we asked, we had it served every night without asking again.

Not sure about Fruit Punch in the dinning room as no one in our group asked for it.

I also recall Ice Tea (Unsweetened) being available 24x7 on the Miracle when we were on her in 2006.

Ice tea (unsweet) is available in the dinning room by request and available on the Lido deck in the buffet area despensers at all times.

Fruit Punch is available in the dinning room by request and available on the Lido deck in the buffet area dispensers at all times EXCEPT for breakfast when it is repleace by juice. Some dispensers may not be replaced by juice.

Lemonade is available in the dinning room by request and available on the Lido deck in the buffet area dispensers at all times EXCEPT for breakfast when it is replace by juice. Some dispensers may not be replaced by juice.

Regular and decaf coffee is available in the dinning room by request and available on the Lido deck in the buffet area dispensers at all times. Speciality coffee is available in the coffee bar after 9:00 or so until after midnight for a charge. This includes Espresso, Lattee's and special teas. Espresso can be requested in the dinning room but they may charge for it. I've had espresso after dinner but have not always been charged for it.

Orange Juice is available in the dinning room by request and available on the Lido deck in the buffet area dispensers during breakfast. It is available by request in the dinning room and buffet area during lunch and dinner.

Milk is available in the dinning room by request and available on the Lido deck in the buffet line during breakfast. It is available by request in the buffet area at any time.

There are always exceptions to the above policies and that depends on the staff in the buffet area. We've seens some days where lemonade was available during breakfast and days when it was not.

I've ordered Tomato juice and gotten it but have had problems getting Grapefruit juice. I think it just depends on the staff and what is available to the ship.

Soft drinks\soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc) are available at any bar for a charge or free with the fountain card and is availble in the dinning room and by request in the buffet area. These drinks are NOT free unless you purchase a fountain card and those are not valid for bottles. We've seen folks charged and not charged in the dining room for the drinks.

Bottom line is if you don't see it, ask for it. The staff will do everything in their power to get it for you. This goes for food also.

You are NOT limited to only 1 selection from the menu (such as 1 appetizer or 1 entree). If you're hungry and want more, ask for it. The traveling companion on one trip asked for 2 steaks and got it. Another asked for a steak and lobster and got that.

If you do not see something on the menu you want, again, ask for it. They may be able to prepare it for you. Do not hesitate to ask for anything!

I am very picky about my iced tea. I haven't liked the tea on any of the ships, including RC and Princess, that I have been on. Therefore, I spend a few extra minutes making my own tea using their hot water and tea bags. It is SO worth it. :)

LOL, you mean I am not the only one on the planet who does this???

I do not care for the fountain (concentrated, reconstituted) Iced Tea either. I much prefer fresh brewed. It's not a problem, as long as you are willing to take a couple of minutes and get a tea bag, a cup of hot water, and a cup of ice. In a couple minutes, you have really good fresh brewed Iced Tea.

I seem to remember getting drinks up there on the last night. Perhaps it is the casual dining on the lido (buffet) that is closed the last night.?

Try a shot of lemonade in the iced tea. It's pretty good.

Thanks and yes I will try that. Never had thought of it before but it sounds refreshing.

That's a great idea about making your own iced tea! I've always found the tea on the Lido deck pretty nasty, no matter how I doctored it up.

Also, our experience has been that although it says the Lido buffet is closed on the last night, it has always been open, at least at dinner time.

Just off the Conquest, and the drink options on the Lido were always the same. Orange Juice - Pass-o-guava juice - apple juice - Ice Tea for breakfast, on tap in several different locations all over Lido. After breakfast the Orange and POG juice were traded out for fruit punch and lemonade. FYI- the fruit punch and lemonade were SUPER sweet/strong, but good if watered down. And the POG juice mixed well with rum... not that I had any stashed in my room or anything ;-P

LOL, you mean I am not the only one on the planet who does this???

Don't know why I didn't have a problem with the machine tea on the NCL Star or the Valor, but the tea on the Spirit was just nasty. (In general, I don't like artificial "machine" teas.) I brewed my own on the Spirit, and will continue on future cruises.

Archived