Watch Out For The Pullman

. Oh and by the way...don't encourage underage drinking....not good for still developing minds and bodies.

Chuck

Where did this come from??:confused:

; otherwise it was a nice cruise...and I have to agree about the escargot (mine was gritty). RC is still the best bang for your buck IMO. I'm not slamming RCI but hope they take this as constructive criticism. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.....do you work for RCI?

maybe it came from the same place as the escargot????

something got lost somewhere or something was said somewhere else

but than again, i'm blonde...easily confused:confused:

:cool:

On my 7/31 sailing on the Explorer my Meet & Mingle group held their own cabin tour. We were able to see every category cabin and boy, was it enlighting!

See something on the diagram of the ship is one thing. Seeing it in person is quite another. The cabins on RCCL's are smaller than other lines. Cabins for 3 or 4 are virtually non existent.

We too were shocked to see the pullman bed covering over 3/4 of the beds on the cabin floor. I can understand this in an inside cabin but not in a balcony cabin. 179 sq. ft. or 188 sq. ft. is not very large. When we opened the cabin door, we stood there and laughed at the size of it until we saw the shower in the bathroom. Now that was a shock!

With the bed that pulls out from the sofa, it leaves you with less than 12 inches of passable space between the dresser and the bed. Black & blue marks galore! Normally, they will take out the cocktail table because with the sofa bed, there is no place for it to go in the rest of the cabin.

We were only 2 adults with the beds apart on deck 6 balcony and I was almost out the balcony with only 12-14" on my side of the bed. My cabin mate had to take care not to roll into the hard sofa arm on the right side or fall into the space in the middle betwen the 2 beds. 3 adults would have a problem with sufficient space to walk about the cabin with the sofa bed opened. With the pullman, some one would hit there head forgetting it was overhead. The person in the pullman would need to be careful not to step on those below, not to drop anything or to miss his/her footing when climbing the ladder. Also, I would be concerned about the ladder moving with the ship's motion if the seas were rough.

MARAPRINCE

Archived