Upgraded without moving

loveJake

Just kidding but found something interesting while checking my reservation, we sail on Saturday. I booked a aft CAT 8B cabin on deck 7. My reservation now says CAT 8G. Wow, that is going to be a pretty good increase for the same cabin. Last December we had a aft corner wrap on the Emerald Princess on deck 7, which is a lot larger and nicer then this one on the Glory and that was a 8C. Bet whoever thought this system up got a bonus.

Check out the deck plans on carnival.com and you'll see that there are now different categories on the same deck. We also have an aft cabin on the Glory which was an 8B and is now and 8G. The mid ship cabins are also 8G. This affected our ability to get an OBC because although the price dropped on the 8B we couldn't get it because our cabin is now and 8G. I believe all of the Conquest ships have been reclassified.

I'm also one of those who is experiencing the "upgrade without moving" situations, and they make me smile.:) I've got four future sailings in those special (formerly) 1A cabins with the two picture window, which have now be re-classified to 6B. It's kinda neat to see the cost difference in what I actually paid when booking really early, and what they would be if booked now as the new category.

Example: 7-nt sailing in cabin 2462 booked w/ single suplement = $544

If booked today as a 6B would be $1398

I love a good bargain! :)

We booked 2462 and 2465 for our April Glory cruise. We paid under $2500 for all 4 of us because the rooms were still 1A's when we booked. Now that the rooms are considered 6B's, the same cruise would cost us $3598 so we saved over $1000 :)

I booked that picture window room last night for 2010 and it was still a 1A :)

I'm also one of those who is experiencing the "upgrade without moving" situations, and they make me smile.:) I've got four future sailings in those special (formerly) 1A cabins with the two picture window, which have now be re-classified to 6B. It's kinda neat to see the cost difference in what I actually paid when booking really early, and what they would be if booked now as the new category.

I booked that picture window room last night for 2010 and it was still a 1A :)

The ships they were talking about having been changed were Conquest class ships. The other ships that still have bunk beds were not changed. What ship did you book the cabin as a 1A? If there are still some Conquest class ships not changed, let us know.

You got the record Im sure!!! I have 1 1/2 lol. We got 2462/2465 starting next sunday and then the following year have 2465/2116. It was still cheaper than 3 in a regular picked inside cabin for us. If you wanted to pick your own inside cabin, prices started an extra $100 more pp. We might try it one year just to try another type of cabin though. So far it hasnt made sense to me to pay extra so all 3 of us could stay in the same cabin.

After next week Ill only have one more time in the special cabins, the rest of the ships Im booked on I dont have the good cabin. I did ask Carnival if they could move me on Triumph to either one of those cabins or 2116/2117, but they said the TA has to ask, they cant. drat that uncooperative TA, cause Triumph has them, just as bunks.

Firefly: I hope those were just typos, and CCL isn't going to attempt to get you in those cabin numbers (2116 & 2117), as I have no clue where those are located. Can't find them on any deck plans at all.

Also, have a super-splendiferous time aboard Carnival Conquest. I've yet to sail on that ship, but it seems like it has good karma from all who speak so highly of her. Bon Voyage!! :)

Firefly: I hope those were just typos, and CCL isn't going to attempt to get you in those cabin numbers (2116 & 2117), as I have no clue where those are located. Can't find them on any deck plans at all.

Also, have a super-splendiferous time aboard Carnival Conquest. I've yet to sail on that ship, but it seems like it has good karma from all who speak so highly of her. Bon Voyage!! :)

Yes, 2216. Actually, we have 2465 on that cruise, but our friend didnt get hold of the TA in time to get the other one, so the TA gave her 2216 Waaaaaaaaaaaaay down the hall, but at least no elevators.

Archived