Price Drop??

Mommy2landonmason

:confused: Let me see if I can explain this clearly.

I booked my Sept. 28th cruise on Conquest out of Galveston back in Jan. 08. When I booked they were offering a past guest upgrade if you booked a 4F Cat. you were upgraded to 5A, so I accepted a port hole room instead of an inside room. Now a few weeks before sailing, there are no more 5A rooms available, but I paid a price of a 4F and prices have dropped. If I call can I get an OBC for the difference of the 4F then and the 4F now? I also booked through Seamiles, so I am not sure how that will affect my chances of OBC. I know that fuel charges weigh in to but it is still making a difference of $50. This is only my 2nd cruise so I am new to all this. My last cruise never dropped in price, only went up.

:D Yes! Pricies are coming down as we get closer to sailing. We (group of 7 / three cabins) are booked on the Conquest on 9-14 and as of this morning all the travel sites were offering great sale prices on that sailing as well as for the next several weeks. I called Carnival and talked with several different departments before I was put on what seemed like "eternal hold" which lasted for 40 minutes. I was finally connected with a guy who said he would look into the price reductions but assured me that I had the best rate. I was ready with all the information from the other sites and each time he tried to shoot me down I would throw another price at him. He thought he had won until I pointed out to him pricing that was actually cheaper on the Carnival today as well. Past Guest rates have dropped! Military Rates have dropped!! And there are some residency rates for certain states. We are in TN and that is what helped me out today. We got $124.00 per cabin in On Board Credit for two of our three cabins. I couldnt get it for the third cabin because the price of the third passenger was not reduced, in fact it was higher than original booking so even with the military rate reduction our original price for that cabin was still better.

*****Beware when hunting for reduced prices******:eek:

To give you the better rate--you will be rebooked in which case you are subject to the current rates on port fees, taxes and fuel supplements which will in most cases be higher than what you paid before!!!

In our case today we did get the OBC but were "rebooked" with higher fees which reduces the amount of savings some. Sometimes worth it and sometimes its not!

I did ramble on a bit--but thats how price reductions have worked out for me. I hope it helps someone!

Cheaper or not...who cares! My vacation starts on Friday September 12th at 4 PM:D :D :D I fly to Houston on the 13, and on Sunday the 14th (hurricanes willing) I will board the CARNIVAL CONQUEST and sail off into the sunset with my family for a fun filled worry free week!

Happy Sailing Everyone!!!!!

If you booked a 4f with upgrade to 5A you were assigned a 5A stateroom at booking??? Normally, if you booked a 4F and the 4F rates go down, you should get a downward price adjustment, but you have to give-up the 5A. But...don't know how this works with Seamiles. ken

If you booked a 4f with upgrade to 5A you were assigned a 5A stateroom at booking??? Normally, if you booked a 4F and the 4F rates go down, you should get a downward price adjustment, but you have to give-up the 5A. But...don't know how this works with Seamiles. ken

That is what i was afraid of, I dont want to give up the room, but the price drop would be nice OBC,

Thanks for the help, they wont let me have it since it is a 5A and there are no more 5A rooms available. o well, worth a try, at least i helped my cousin save money on hers, think she owes me a drink. LOL

Memphiscruiser68, have a blast, we will board the following week, so please give us a review. thanks agian!!

Archived