Do not get a facial on the ship

hulahoops

Sorry, but I have to disagree with a lot of these comments. I'm quite young but have been on a few RC cruises now. I was on Independence in July and my parents said I could go to the spa for a facial as a treat. I have had very bad acne in the past which i have had a lot of treatment for and was also very scared. I had the Elemis Tri-Enzyme facial and I bought four of the products that the lady advised for me and my skin has never looked better. I know it sounds cheesy but the facial helped me a lot. My skin is so much better now that i hardly wear any foundation, which is great for me. The people in the spa were very helpful. So i have to thank them for that. :D

cruiseprincess, I've had similiar experiences. I stopped using the products last year - and broke out terribly again within a few months. I'm back to using the Elemis and La Therapie products.

By the time I decided to try the stuff they sell onboard (after several cruises), I'd tried almost every other product out there and nothing had worked. In fact, most of the products specifically for acne do not work for me at all, most cause me to have an allergic reaction.

I asked and was told no instruments allowed, to dangerous. I guess it depends on the therapist.

I think the therapist was just putting you off. Any extractions I have had done were done with the therapists hands and a couple of tissues. Perhaps they are not trained estheticians.

I think the therapist was just putting you off. Any extractions I have had done were done with the therapists hands and a couple of tissues. Perhaps they are not trained estheticians.

SO basically they popped your pimples? :eek: (cause I can't find a pukey face!)

My dermatologist said that is a no-no since popping causes scars.

I used to have serious acne when I was a teen. I rarely break out now- mostly a side effect from medication and also finding products that work for my skin. I use clinique products regularly (i am in LOVE with their gel moisturizer! Its the only moisturizer I have ever been able to use since my skin in oily) and when I have a "trouble spot" I use the spot treatment from Proactiv. Its pretty good stuff- smells a little medicinal as opposed to pampering though....

Oh yea-- I am hoping to get a facial on board. I have never had one, but REALLY enjoy pampering and spa times. Also plan on having a massage...maybe a rasul...

SO basically they popped your pimples? :eek: (cause I can't find a pukey face!)

My dermatologist said that is a no-no since popping causes scars.

I used to have serious acne when I was a teen. I rarely break out now- mostly a side effect from medication and also finding products that work for my skin. I use clinique products regularly (i am in LOVE with their gel moisturizer! Its the only moisturizer I have ever been able to use since my skin in oily) and when I have a "trouble spot" I use the spot treatment from Proactiv. Its pretty good stuff- smells a little medicinal as opposed to pampering though....

Oh yea-- I am hoping to get a facial on board. I have never had one, but REALLY enjoy pampering and spa times. Also plan on having a massage...maybe a rasul...

No, they did not "pop my pimples". I haven't had any pimples for at least 40 years and even then had very few. Extractions are to unclog large pores and remove any blackheads that may result. Ok, I think this is way more info than anybody really wanted! LOL

I have not had a facial on board, but I might in the future. I do have massages. One or two a cruise. I get one every 3 weeks at home, it keeps me sane!

Having had so many treatment on board, I now do not fill in anything on the sheet they as you to fill out. When I say anything, no pain, no arthritis, etc.

Then, when I meet the person I am assigned to, I calmly state that I am not interested in any of their products and please do not try to sell me anything. I am only here for my massage.

I have never had another problem, but I have had great massages.

Three years ago my wife and I were on a seven day cruise in the cribbean.My wife had a facial on the first day,it was a gift.After she was all finished she was told not to go in the sun for three days.She went nuts.she told the girl that she should have told her this befor she gave the service.So in St Thomas and St Martins we were stuck on the ship.Never again.

The finding products that work for my skin has been the biggest issue for me. The only clinique product I can use is their facial sunblock - I react to their other products. Don't even ask me what happened when I tried the proactiv products. There are very few places I can get a facial at around here because most of the spas around here use Aveeno products - which I also react to.

The thing is everybody reacts differently. If you get a facial onboard, make sure to tell them about your issues. If you aren't certain or don't feel comfortable with the person that is supposed to give you the facial, then don't allow her near your face or skin.

Archived