Are the pools extremely crowded on all the ships?

hulahoops

For the most part the pools are packed on sea days. However the bigger the ships the more pools so it is all relevant. FOS has the 2 main pools, kid zone and solarium. Vision class pools have just a main pool and solarium but has much less passengers. I never been on a cruise during a sea day where the pool wasn't packed.

That's been our experience! I'd love to sail on a ship that isn't full, just because of the sea day pool thing!

There are plenty of lounges, tho--just not all of them can fit poolside! We usually go up a deck or two, where we're not so crowded, and the noise isn't so bad! Then, if we wish to get wet, just go down to the pool, take a dip, and head back to our chairs!

I felt like Freedom was the first ship where the pool area actually didn't feel so crowded (and that was in June when every day was a pool weather day). As Tazdeb said, the larger the ship the more pools there are and we really enjoyed that most kids were in the kids zone and were not in the main pool area. It was definitely more adults and less crowded than the smaller class ships to me.

All about timing really (although we don't have kids yet, so we have more freedom to do what we want, when we want...). Pools on the Freedom class are good either before lunch on port days OR before about 10/10.30am on sea days. We try to avoid them the other times... ;)

Boo

We just went on FOS and the pools were so crowded, you could barely even get it. Is it like this on most ships or is it just because the FOS is so big?

Summer, yes. All the families and kids cruise during this time.

Go when the schools are in session.......

Archived