Is the dining room open for lunch on summit?

Tweets

I was reading a review of the Summit med cruise and the reviewer said that the dining room is not open for lunch on port days-is this true? My trip in Dec will be almost all port days.

My last few cruises have been with Princess and the dining room was open all days for lunch.:confused:

I was reading a review of the Summit med cruise and the reviewer said that the dining room is not open for lunch on port days-is this true? My trip in Dec will be almost all port days.

My last few cruises have been with Princess and the dining room was open all days for lunch.:confused:

I believe one level of the dining room is open at lunch time every day - it is open seating. At least on the last 3 cruises it was.

We were on the Summit's June 16 sailing from Venice to Barcelona. I just looked back at my dailies. The dining room was closed on port days. The Waterfall Cafe, Aqua Spa Cafe and Poolside Grill were open though.

I can't fault Celebrity since on a Med cruise most people are off the ship on port days. IMHO, the Waterfall Cafe on the Summit is much better than the Horizon Court on Princess anyway. Aqua Spa Cafe is also a great alternative. So if you do stay onboard there will be plenty of delicious food to eat.

--Junglejane

Sounds like we're on the same wavelength! We don't like the Horizon Court and eat in the dining room on Princess almost exclusively. But the Waterfall Cafe on the Summit greatly exceeded our (admittedly low) expectations. More variety and a better layout. Don't miss the Asian food area!

If you like lighter, healthier food, the Aqua Spa cafe is another good alternative. My DH loved it. And even the Poolside Grill had more choices than I've seen on Princess.

Have a great cruise! Don't miss the Cova Cafe. It has delicious pastries, both sweet and savory. And it's the best spot for getting Gourmet Bites (late night passed hors d'oeuvres).

--Junglejane

Sounds like we're on the same wavelength! Have a great cruise! Don't miss the Cova Cafe. It has delicious pastries, both sweet and savory. And it's the best spot for getting Gourmet Bites (late night passed hors d'oeuvres).

--Junglejane

Remember that previous statements from posters AND Celebrity news releases...Cova Coffee venue is changed....and the Gourmet bites are no more ~also with the new menu changes. They have something they serve but not the Bites! Can't remember what also no grand buffet at midnight...but a "Grand Brunch" on one sea day

Archived