I can't believe I did this!!

Mommy2landonmason

I was supposed to be calling to try to get OBC cause my price went down, instead he told me he could get me into an OV on Main deck for the same price. I said sounds good. Well, I let my husband know what I did and he says "does it have a balcony":confused: So I casually say no but do you want one. He said call him back and see what he can do:eek: I immediately called our guy back and he says for only $290 more we can do it. So of course I did it, with what i could have saved in OBC I am only paying a little more. I am so EXCITED!!! I have read about all of y'all getting balcony's and refusing to go back down, I am scared now. LOL, Being this is only my second cruise, is there anything I should know bout these cabins. Thanks again. Because of y'all I found out bout OBC, I would have never called otherwise!!!!!:D

Sorry, Mommy, I hate to break it to you but it was a bad move.

Now you will never want to eat breakfast in the buffet again, because you will be stuck eating it on your private balcony in your fluffy white bathrobe.

You won't go to dinner early or leave your cabin for a drink because you will be able to watch the world go by in your own private chair on your balcony.

Expect totally rested mornings if you sleep with the door open, as you will be lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves crashing outside.

Prepare to fight off your husband in the evenings. Total darkness, in the middle of nowhere, with a private balcony, no one watching, you know what he will want to do out there.... amazing vacation sex....

Pfft. Who needs it....

Welcome to the word of the balcony snobs. You'll never go back.

Congratulations, Just enjoy the balcony! There is nothing like it late at night or early in the morning with a cup of coffee! Call room service and have breakfast delivered to have a lesuirely morning, but the best time is at night to watch the stars. Have fun, and yes it is true that you probably won't ever go back after having a balcony!:D ;)

Excellent, you are doing very well with your new cruise fixation.

Next you shall covet aft balconies and 9As.

Then you shall look down upon chair hogs and those who violate dress codes.

Finally, you shall book your next cruise before you leave each cruise.

Enjoy, the cruise balcony is one of the world's greatest inventions!

Excellent, you are doing very well with your new cruise fixation.

Next you shall covet aft balconies and 9As.

Then you shall look down upon chair hogs and those who violate dress codes.

Finally, you shall book your next cruise before you leave each cruise.

Enjoy, the cruise balcony is one of the world's greatest inventions!

Sad thing is I haven't even gone on my 2nd cruise and have already booked my 3rd one, this time with the boys for Easter. It is just an OV but I am afraid I will want a balcony after this.

That tiny narrow cramped wonderful balcony is one of the main reasons i look forward to cruising. We always book balcony! It is SO relaxing to sit out there and just watch the waves. I spend a lot of time at night out there watching storms off in the distance, listening to the water, just enjoying being alive and not worrying about the stress at home. you will not regret it!

Just remember to turn your balcony light OUT when you go to bed! Your neighbors will appreciate it! :D

Having a balcony on a Carnival cruise.......to us, it's like having 2 separate rooms ! They're small (about 4 foot deep and 9-10 feet wide), but for 2 people they are ideal.

We've enjoyed them 3 times, and really......we would refuse to take a cruise unless we got a balcony....it's an incredible plus, having an open private view of the huge but peaceful ocean. Great sound, awesome breeze when ship is sailing.

And the PERFECT spot to alllow yourself to get a FULL body tan as well !!!!! It is so well worth the extra bucks.

Just a note .....suggest you avoid (if possible) balconies with any "obstructed view".....you know, like lifeboats. etc. OMG, wish our next trip was sooner than 8 months away !!!!!

We've had balconies and we've had inside rooms. Some years we take several cruises and one of them might have a balcony and others not. We'll be on the Legend in one more week and we have a balcony. We'll be on the Noordam in January and have an inside cabin. We have equally a good time on both. Enjoy yourself.

Mommy2, there is a roll call for this cruise. There are a bunch of great folks there. I don't think I remember you joining us. If you have, great, if you have not, stop by and visit. We have a Meet and Mingle scheduled for the 29th to get to know everyone. Enjoy your balcony.

How do I know if it Obstructed View. I have room 7377 on conquest:confused:

there are travel websites out there that have deck plans available. Not sure I can mention names here. Anyhow, I checked and room 7377 looks like a fine location. Not obstucted, located just aft of midships, on the starboard side. You also should have no noise issues either. Only staterooms above and below you. Good stateroom. Enjoy!

Archived