Radiance inside rooms Q or N

funtimex2

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the category Q and N staterooms other than the deck.... TA seems to think that the Q is the upper and lower berths, but on the RCCL it states that in the Q rooms the beds can convert into a queen bed. Suggestions ? Advise?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the category Q and N staterooms other than the deck.... TA seems to think that the Q is the upper and lower berths, but on the RCCL it states that in the Q rooms the beds can convert into a queen bed. Suggestions ? Advise?

Your TA need to get with it. Q and N's are exactly the same.

A TA that "Seems to think" should not be your TA. A good TA, who doesn't know the answer to a question will try and find the answer, not take a guess, like yours is doing.

For your information, and you could pass this along and educate your TA, RCI does not do bunk beds, that is Carnival, all RCI's cabins have at least 2 twin beds, that can be pushed together to make a queen, and with the new bedding, you can't even feel the crack in the middle.! Some cabins will also have pullman beds, for the 3rd or 4th passenger, on the newer ships these pull out from the ceiling and are not seen when not in use, on the older ships, they fold out from the wall and can be in the way when not in use. Some cabins will accomodate the 3rd and or 4th passenger on sofa beds.

Anyway, to answer your question, these two cabin catagories are the same, just have different locations, so RCI can charge a few bucks more, for the more "desirable" location

Sorry about the rant, but people book the wrong cabins based on incorrect information, given to them by a "Travel Professional"

Thanks, for the replies. I just wanted to hear it from those of you that have been on ROS. I went to the RCCL website and cut - paste the information on the rooms. The reason for my post was - I found a price difference over $100 on the rooms and I asked her about it and she said we had a better room (which we do have the N booked - but if there is no difference in the room than I would rather have the Q since we are not going to be in the room that much anyway). We are traveling with a group of senior citizens and they are planning on being out and about. Not spending time in the room. I am the one making all the plans and reservations so I want to get the most for our money.

Whenever we book an inside, we always try to book rooms like the CAT N on deck 4, within a few rooms of the lobby bar. That way, instead of being in the middle of a long hallway, like on 2 or 3, when you walk out your door you can hear the music and be almost immediately in the activity of the centrum. Also, a great location for a quick stop back in the room in the course of an evening - no need to figure the location of the nearest restroom.

Archived