Dining Room-Breakfast/Lunch Question

gargoyle999

Will be on the Sapphire in Nov and have anytime dining for dinner which I am really looking forward to trying out. But if we want to go to the dining room for breakfast or lunch what dining room would we use? Do they just have the traditional dining room open at that time?

Will they always sit you with others for breakfast/lunch or can you request a table for two like with the anytime dining?

Will be on the Sapphire in Nov and have anytime dining for dinner which I am really looking forward to trying out. But if we want to go to the dining room for breakfast or lunch what dining room would we use? Do they just have the traditional dining room open at that time?...Will they always sit you with others for breakfast/lunch or can you request a table for two like with the anytime dining?

Breakfast and lunch are "open seating" in a designated dining room. You'll know which one when you board the ship and read your Princess Patter. You can certainly request a table for two if you wish.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I love having lunch in the dining room on sea days. We did ask for a table for two one day during lunch and on our departure day and had no problems getting what we requested. I will say that we have had some great lunches with other passenger so don't be afraid to share a table.

Will it be the same dining room that is open for breakfast/lunch the entire cruise or does it change from day to day?
It's the same dining room for breakfast and lunch every day and is usually the one used for Traditional dining in the evening; it's open seating for breakfast and lunch, not fixed seating. I don't think I've ever seen one of the Anytime dining rooms used for either breakfast or lunch but perhaps my memory is faulty.

It's the same dining room for breakfast and lunch every day and is usually the one used for Traditional dining in the evening; it's open seating for breakfast and lunch, not fixed seating. I don't think I've ever seen one of the Anytime dining rooms used for either breakfast or lunch but perhaps my memory is faulty.

Last year on the Sun Princess they had breakfast and lunch served in the Anytime dining room.

The food and service were so much better than in the buffet that we ate there everyday. And they served quickly so we could get out of there fast if needed. We enjoyed sitting with others and meeting new people. It was very interesting to hear where others came from and learn some about their lives.

It will be the same room each day for the entire cruise and you can request a table for two. However if you wish a table for two you may have to stand aside until a table is available...which shouldn't be long.

I'm a patient person so won't mind waiting! :) I had a bad experience on my one and only cruise a couple years ago. Went to the dining room for breakfast and was seated with three other couples. They were already along in their meal and obviously knew each other already. For me it was horrible. I want to avoid that experience but would like to try the dining room for breakfast and lunch at least once in Nov.

I'm a patient person so won't mind waiting! :) I had a bad experience on my one and only cruise a couple years ago. Went to the dining room for breakfast and was seated with three other couples. They were already along in their meal and obviously knew each other already. For me it was horrible. I want to avoid that experience but would like to try the dining room for breakfast and lunch at least once in Nov.

Give sharing a table another chance. You won't run into that same circumstance every time you are seated in the dining room. Who knows, you might meet someone who turns out to be a great friend and someone you keep in touch with long after your cruise.

Archived