Bmi?

vacationhappy

Hello -

I am not familiar with this airline however some decent flights are popping up Boston - Heathrow on AA and then Heathrow to Venice on BMI - we would have 1 hr and 30 minutes to change plans - any thoughts on this? Is this enough time?

Is BMI a consistent airline? Any finanical issues?

I am not familiar with this airline however some decent flights are popping up Boston - Heathrow on AA and then Heathrow to Venice on BMI - we would have 1 hr and 30 minutes to change plans - any thoughts on this? Is this enough time?

Is BMI a consistent airline? Any finanical issues?

The main thing to beware of on bmi shorthaul is that refreshments are usually "buy on board". A dreadful concept for a supposedly full-service airline.

However, the airline is financially sound, and in fact sitting on a gold mine of assets. (It's often said that bmi is a pile of valuable Heathrow slots that operates an airline as a hobby.)

The bigger problem with your idea is that 90 minutes is probably not enough for the connection. Are you looking at buying one ticket covering this connection? It surprises me that you are being allowed to do that connection, given that there is a terminal change involved.

If you are buying two tickets, you must be aware that bmi will not through-check your bags on the return journey (where they would be the first carrier). They will not even through-check bags onto another of its own flights, if you have bought two separate tickets.

Archived