OBC for owning stock

sandaneli

Who is eligible for this offer?Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares at time of sailing.

2.What is the offer?$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Cruises Sailings. (excludes Celebrity Xpeditions)

3.How do I redeem this offer?Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Via Mail: RCL Investor Benefit, PO Box 025511, Miami, Florida 33102-5511

Via Fax: 1-305-373-6699

Via Email: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

4. I am sailing with my family and some friends. Can they redeem the offer too?The offer is only available for the stateroom in which the shareholder (with a minimum of 100 shares) is sailing. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing.

5. Can I use the offer each time I sail?Yes, you may request this offer multiple times-as often as you sail on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Cruises (excludes Celebrity Xpedition).

6. Can this offer be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?Yes, this offer is combinable with other offers, onboard credits and coupons unless their terms provide otherwise. The offer is NOT available to company employees, travel agents, tour conductors and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares.

7.Is offer transferrable?No. Offer is non-transferable. Only the stateroom that the shareholder is traveling in will be eligible for the onboard credit.

8.Are there any restrictions?Offer is non-transferable and not available to employees, or agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Offer is not combinable with any special fare programs, including, but not limited to, staterooms purchased with tour conductor credits, interline rates, complimentary cruises or cruises onboard chartered sailings. The Shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailings where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line) and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of sailing. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply.

My experience has been to cut and paste from my online brokerage account and send the information to the email contact and I have gotten a reply that I have an OBC within 24 hours. Hope this helps

jc

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 questions, my statement that I get is 20 pages long, do I have to email them the whole statement or could I just email them the front page and the page that shows the 100 shares.

Because I have the account through a brokerage firm and they are not held in my name directly, do they call the brokerage firm to confirm the shares or do they just go by what your statement says.

Thanks.

I have 2 questions, my statement that I get is 20 pages long, do I have to email them the whole statement or could I just email them the front page and the page that shows the 100 shares.

Because I have the account through a brokerage firm and they are not held in my name directly, do they call the brokerage firm to confirm the shares or do they just go by what your statement says.

Thanks.

I always just send them the page showing my 100 shares of RCL stock, along with a letter giving my cruise date, ship and reservation number.

I also include my C&A number.

Since I can turn faxes into emails..........I do that and send it off to Linda B at RCL corporate.

I don't think that I have ever waited more than 24 hours for a reply from her.

Rick

61 cruises!!:eek: !! Are you able to walk on land at all? ;)

Right now DH & I have to book seperate rooms, because the kids aren't old enough to be in their own rooms yet. Maybe I will try it that way.

Make sure the shares are owned separately, not in a joint account.

I just received (today) the following response when I sent the in the info. I will probably not bother booking on board. RCCL has had my deposits for a long time when I booked on board. Now I'll book when I am ready and take the stockholder discount ( and leave my money in the bank.) I also think the shareholder OBC is a result of my independent investment decision and should not be disallowed because of any RCCL loyalty benefits

I also sent in a response noting my dissatisfaction to the change.

M

Good day,

The requested shareholder's onboard credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation #XXXXXXX and #XXXXXXX.

**Please note** For any sailing that is confirmed on or after October 15, 2008, the shareholder benefit will no longer be combined with any other benefit or offer, whether that is dollars off or an onboard credit. The only exceptions are the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts and Royal Caribbean or Celebrity credit card Reward Points for onboard credit or discount. In the event two offers/benefits are available on any reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless told otherwise, we will assume you wish to have the offer/benefit with the higher value. Please visit our investor's website at http://www.rclinvestor.com for full program details.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kind regards,

Linda Buchanan

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

cruisegirl1,

RCCL is obviously tightning their belt, as their bottom line...which I have not looked at......probably is starting to have thin, if any profit.

Now....you as an individual......probably need to make a decision.......keep the stock and hopefully ride out the storm, or take a hit if you bought high. With some of the companies that have just declared bankruptcy in the past few weeks..........money is very tight........and we hope and pray that RCCL has the plan to continue in the cruise business for many years to come.

We all make decisions about our lives each and every day. RCCL has enjoyed some excellent years of profit........right now times are not as good.

All of us that own RCCL stock and continue to cruise.......understand the pitfalls, and make our choices.

Rick

Then, can we use the OBC from a Next Cruise cert with the stock ownership OBC credit? No, will no longer be combineable.

How about if the TA gives an OBC for our group sailing? Yes, As long as it's not coming out of RCI's pocket.

I think I am just clueless trying to figure this out.:confused:

It takes effect as of 10/15/08 confirmed bookings.

Archived