Code Share

vacationhappy

Hi -

I am trying to figure this out. I am looking at a flight from Barcelona to Boston where the frst leg is Luftansa and the second leg is United operated by Luftansa.

I then found the same flight under Luftansa however it was $100 more per person - same departure time, same connection time, same arrival time.

If I book the first one and there is a problem (missed connection, etc), do I work through United or Luftansa? Does anyone forsee any issues with the lower priced flight? There is a 2 hour connection through Munich.

You'll be on the same flight either which way so book it via the cheapest option. I did this once flying to China in biz class and saved $3000 because of the code share pricing difference.

In code shares each airline partner is allowed to set their own price for the seats.

There's no problem booking through United even though they codeshare with Lufthansa - as you say, same thing, different price.

If I read your post correctly, it sounds like your connection is in Munich - if there were any issues, you would work directly through Lufthansa, as they would be providing the service, and have a much larger presence in Munich.

If in doubt, usually on your tickets it will say whether you should be at United's counter or Lufthansa's counter to check in - deal with whichever company is printed there.

You'll be on the same flight either which way so book it via the cheapest option. I did this once flying to China in biz class and saved $3000 because of the code share pricing difference.
And at the moment, I'm having a ball booking Qantas premium economy using BA flight numbers during BA sales. But I'm sure that my luck will run out at some stage.

Archived