Currency, pay with Cayman Dollars?

madiandcindy

I have read that Cayman Dollar conversion is pretty bad but I am wondering if everybody just pays in Amerian Dollars or gets their local currency to pay for everything? I prefer not to use Credit Cards out there so would like to either pay cash for services or Travelers Checks but want to get a fair exchange, any advice and tips is appreciated!

They will accept US currency...the only weird money thing that happened to me was when we were checking out in the gift shop of the turtle farm, they were asking everyone to donate american quarters because they didnt have any. So since they didnt have them to give back to people, we recieved cayman coins (had sea turtles on them :D ). We kept them as extra souvenirs. So i would recommend having plenty of change in case they do not.

I believe all of the prices in the shops (even in port) were all in american dollars. At least thats how I remember it.

I have read that Cayman Dollar conversion is pretty bad

Could you clarify what you mean by this? I've never had any problems changing money, and I'm there three or four times a year...

As others have said, though, most places will let you pay in US, but your change is likely to be in CI.

Archived