Live News from Galveston

hippie2008

It amazes me as I watch those four channels report, that there are people out there sitting on their porches refusing to leave! How horrible for those that love them!

my thoughts exactly. I was just talking to my husband about this a few minutes ago. What a bunch of dumb A##s.

Nita

FEMA would be a fool to do the cruise ship thing again.

They might as well donate the ship that cruises out of Galveston, since it is doubtful they will be cruising from there anytime in the near future.

(since the entire island is supposed to be under 17-20 feet of water.)

Bill

Have been reading these threads today on update of Ike. FYI not everyone who stayed is an a##. Some of us have to stay for emergency services directly before and rescue after. DH and I would have liked to leave. We are already experiencing sporadic power outages, having to deal with some a## who are drinking and setting off fire works in their yards and high winds. Just remember that some people HAVE to stay to deal with those that should have left. Not all are idiots.

Have been reading these threads today on update of Ike. FYI not everyone who stayed is an a##. Some of us have to stay for emergency services directly before and rescue after. DH and I would have liked to leave. We are already experiencing sporadic power outages, having to deal with some a## who are drinking and setting off fire works in their yards and high winds. Just remember that some people HAVE to stay to deal with those that should have left. Not all are idiots.

Stay safe!!!

Archived