Wow! New Ryndam pictures!

localady

Holland America has posted new pictures of the upgrades to the Ryndam. In looking at the pictures, it appears the Explorations lounge area is very large and nice, rather than doing away with the library, it appears they have made it larger, more comfortable with many lovely options.:)

The teen waterfall makes me want to be 16 again, ( well maybe not, but close:rolleyes: ) it looks like a lot of fun as does the teen loft area!

I am not sure where the new wine bar area is located, that too is very pretty, although with 4 chairs I am not sure there is much space to enjoy your wine.

Overall, the pictures are just stunning, and since we had been on the Ryndam for 2 weeks this summer I remember the "before" pretty clearly.

Cheers to HAL for the additions/renovations:cool: !

Thank you for letting us know about the photos. They are incredible. The new Explorations Cafe looks wonderful. They used the library/card room/internet centre for this beautiful large room.

We can't figure out where the wine bar is either. I had heard that it was going to replace the Java Cafe. Guess we will just have to wait until someone returns from the ship to find out.

Yes, wish I was a kid again. That teen area is great. Lucky them! :D

WOW, I am getting even more excited, I plan to use it all :o well maybe not The Oasis but I am short. Gee, I wonder if I can pass for 16 turning 50:eek: This is my Birthday cruise for the first time I actually plan to use the Spa. DH thinks I should treat my self to a Massage and may be a Facial. So I plan to use the whole works. The gym looks nice too and of course I will use that every morning. This will be so neat just like being on a Brand New Ship.

These pictures really do show more than it did in the Web Cast.

Wow!!!

I had been looking at the deckplans - (no updates yet) but these pictures are fantastic!!!:D

I'd be willing to bet that the Wine Bar is in the transitional space off the atrium previously occupied by the Internet Cafe and Java Cafe, facing the entrance to the Wajang.

Is that an enourmous aquarium in the Crow's Nest???:)

Yes and alll of those posts about how the library was being removed, destroyed, etc. From the photos it looks as though it was refreshed and more comprehensive than ever!

I promised myself that I wouldn't say "I told you so...."

:p

They mentioned during the webcast the ships that will be refitted over the next six months ... but I didn't take notes. I do remember that the Prinsendam was one of them, and I think the Zaandam was another. Since we have bookings on both, that was good news to me. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a complete list.

Wow!!!

I had been looking at the deckplans - (no updates yet) but these pictures are fantastic!!!:D

I'd be willing to bet that the Wine Bar is in the transitional space off the atrium previously occupied by the Internet Cafe and Java Cafe, facing the entrance to the Wajang.

Is that an enourmous aquarium in the Crow's Nest???:)

Asked this question of a friend who works on board as I thought that was an aquarium also, but it's a giant TV screen - probably what we are seeing is the screensaver like I have on my computer with all the fish swimming back and forth. I thought the wine tasting bar was where the Java cafe used to be, but he said it's now done in the Culinary Arts Centre. I don't get it. That wine tasting bar looks like it's not inside a room. Guess we will have to wait for the answer on this one until someone returns from the ship.

Hmm... I don't think I really like the Explorations Center or the new Crow's Nest all that much, honestly.

In the case of the former, I think I'd just prefer a separate library, card room, etc, though the new space itself looks nice enough. (What can I say, I'm a traditionalist.) As for the Crow's Nest, it just doesn't look like the decor will "mesh" with the rest of the ship. I do wonder who handled the interior design; if it was VFD that room is quite a departure for them. To me it looks more like the interior of a Celebrity ship than HAL. Of course the original room was not designed by VFD (the designers who have done almost all HAL newbuild interiors) but by Joe Farcus!

"Of course the original room was not designed by VFD (the designers who have done almost all HAL newbuild interiors) but by Joe Farcus!

"

Doug - are you sure it was done by Joe Farcus? I understood that after he made a mess of the Statendam and the 2 rooms he did had to be re-done, he was never allowed to touch a ship again.

"Of course the original room was not designed by VFD (the designers who have done almost all HAL newbuild interiors) but by Joe Farcus!

"

Doug - are you sure it was done by Joe Farcus? I understood that after he made a mess of the Statendam and the 2 rooms he did had to be re-done, he was never allowed to touch a ship again.

...or at least a HAL ship, Esme. Joe Farcus does all the interiors for Carnival and Costa.

Asked this question of a friend who works on board as I thought that was an aquarium also, but it's a giant TV screen - probably what we are seeing is the screensaver like I have on my computer with all the fish swimming back and forth. I thought the wine tasting bar was where the Java cafe used to be, but he said it's now done in the Culinary Arts Centre. I don't get it. That wine tasting bar looks like it's not inside a room. Guess we will have to wait for the answer on this one until someone returns from the ship.

Hey Esme, can you ask your friend about the Steamroom fee? Not the one in the spa , but the one in the locker room.

Oh Yes, Thank you localady, I would of never thought to look at their website for mor new photos. I was wishing they had should the improvements in the state rooms but I guess I will have to go and be impressed in person.:cool:
Lisa- My pleasure!!! You know I love this ship, wish I was sailing with you!!

P.S. I think 50 going on 16 will work to access the Oasis!:D

Can't wait to hear your review!:cool:

Doug - are you sure it was done by Joe Farcus?
I'm pretty sure that the Crow's Nests on STATENDAM, MAASDAM, and RYNDAM were all done by Farcus. Also the showlounges on those three ships plus VEENDAM (VFD definitely did the Crow's Nest on VEENDAM).

I'll have to do a bit more research, but I'm almost positive here.

Archived