Caribbean Princess - have cruises on 5th, 12th & 19th April been cancelled??

LiznMartin

This is so strange. We are booked on the May 3 cruise. I hope that nothing is pending that would affect that date. I am so sorry for those who had their plans ruined. We are happy to have some people who have been bumped added to our Roll Call, but what a pain making all of those travel plan changes.:eek:

DH just commented that he heard on the radio the government is chartering cruise ships to use outside of Galveston for emergency worker housing. I don't suppose they could be anticipating using these ships for an extended period like that?:confused:

I just talked to Princess April 5th is a go and there was even a price drop.

That's fine if you're booked for the seven night cruise - we were booked on the b2b and so the 5th is cancelled for us. :( But I'm glad for you, of course!

It's looking more and more like we won't be able to book an alternative cruise - dates no good for us or no flights from the UK, but at least we haven't lost money on flights and hotels (just a couple of tours already booked). I'm very sorry for those guys who have lost out in that way. Maybe Princess will reimburse you..... they darn well should!

Oh, by the way, I'm STILL waiting for someone at Princess to ring me back, despite them promising they would. :rolleyes: As I've spoken to my TA, I have the information I was requesting, but it's a pity Princess have such a poor attitude and such lack of courtesy. Obviously they're too busy sucking up to the government! ;)

Maybe they are making provisions for all the homeless after they have to pay their tax bills :eek: ;)

Michael, this is for next April, which would imply planning ahead, which would seem to be contrary to the way our government works...except of course when it comes to We The People lining their pockets and paying for their fun.

Gasp!!!!!

I became friends with a bartender on the Caribb, im gonna email him to see if his contract overlaps those weeks and see what they are up to on that cruise.;)

Be sure to let us know if you find out anything.

I was able to switch to the May 3rd sailing, change my airline and hotel reservations, and make new friends on my new roll call. The only fees I was charged was $300 for the airline switch. I submitted that charge to Princess yesterday along with a humble but firm cover letter asking for reimbursement. I'll let you guys know what happened. The OBC of $125 per person is showing on Princess' website, so they're keeping their word on that part. Plus, the cost of the 5/3 cruise was slightly less than the 4/19 cruise...probably because it's the end of the season and we'll be sweating like pigs.:eek:

I only wish everyone had the flexibility I did to change plans and book a different cruise. I especially feel badly for the UK cruiser who lost her only chance for a cruise this year. Keep after Princess to make it right for you, but trying using a positive but firm approach. I believe they'll react better to a carrot than a stick.

I was able to switch to the May 3rd sailing, change my airline and hotel reservations, and make new friends on my new roll call. The only fees I was charged was $300 for the airline switch. I submitted that charge to Princess yesterday along with a humble but firm cover letter asking for reimbursement. I'll let you guys know what happened. The OBC of $125 per person is showing on Princess' website, so they're keeping their word on that part. Plus, the cost of the 5/3 cruise was slightly less than the 4/19 cruise...probably because it's the end of the season and we'll be sweating like pigs.:eek:

That's why we'll be in the water at almost every port!!!!;)

Glad to have you on board.:D

After telling everyone I thought "Princess sucks", thought I'd better update you and sing their praises!

Although there were no flights available from Manchester for the weeks we were tied to, Princess have contacted us today to offer a flight to Gatwick, overnight stay at an airport hotel and then a flight the following day to Barbados for a 14 night cruise on the Sea Princess.:D We've got a better class of cabin, it's a guarantee (so MAYBE a chance of even better still - if the Upgrade Fairy's listening) and we've got the $250 OBC!! :D Thank you Princess - you're the best! I can start planning again....

Hope everyone else on the cancelled cruises have managed to get sorted.

Princess have contacted us today to offer a flight to Gatwick, overnight stay at an airport hotel and then a flight the following day to Barbados for a 14 night cruise on the Sea Princess.

You've done very well - I hope you enjoy the Sea Princess - she's a beautiful ship (my favourite class)!

Archived