Carnival Corporation Profit

paul929207

I bought in at around $40...it went down a little, now it's back up to $40. My total OBC for 2008, since I bought it in April, will be $600. For 2009, at least through July, it'll be $1250. That's getting close to the total cost of the stock in only16 months.

For a cruise of 6 days or less you get $50

7-13 days.....$100

14 or more days.....$250

Carnival Corp is a publicly traded company.

Strangely, Carnival Stock does not perform very well and has a record of rather poor, but consistent, dividends. Perhaps Wall Street knows more than we financial geniuses posting on this board???

I think there is some confusion between how well a company does (e.g. does it make a profit?) vs. whether it meets Wall St. pundits' "expectations", which largely control stock price. There are plenty of companies that make good profit, increase market share, yet have declining stock prices, making it likely the "financial geniuses posting on this board" aren't the only people not quite in touch with reality.

We can only hope that Carnival continues to make a reasonable profit, as that is what gives us the opportunity to take a luxurious cruise (at a reasonable price) and get away from the current insanity that is the business marketplace.

Oh forget it. I'm going on a cruise.

Archived