Purse, Tote, Beach bag...

tampabrat22

We all need a nice, roomy bag to carry our goodies around while on the ship or in port, and I wanted a nautical themed one! I have a friend who makes totes and she did an amazing job of creating my perfect cruise tote! I cant wait to use it on my upcoming cruise!

Here are some pictures: http://practicewriter.com/vu/?4DADC

You can find her here if you want to know more about her totes: http://sweetpeatotes.blogspot.com/

That's very cute, but it looks more "country" than "nautical". I use a zip top, large L.L.Bean boat bag in my favorite colors with my name on it. I have the long straps and can use it for a book bag, tote, it can even hold my laptop after the cruise.

I bought each one of the ladies in our family one for our up coming anniversary cruise. They will hold a book, bottle of water, and towel for visits to the pool...

Cute, and the wallet is cute too. Enjoy

LOL, country:)!! Most fashionable nautical themed stuff is Navy Blue & Red and always has stripes and polka dots!! So for me this was very nautical, I am not into the touristy tropical look! I was going to originally buy the Juicy Couture daydreamer Nautical tote, but decided to buy this instead!!

I'd love to see your totes/bags? I'm a purse lover;)!!

Your friend makes nice bags. I used to sew and sell fabric bags and never had any problem selling them. There always seems to be a market for unique handbags. I do bring a larger fabric bag on most cruises, but hate putting them in the sand, so wind up with a big beach tote as well.

The prices your friend is charging is unbelievably low! She must be a much better/faster seamstress than I!

We all need a nice, roomy bag to carry our goodies around while on the ship or in port, and I wanted a nautical themed one! I have a friend who makes totes and she did an amazing job of creating my perfect cruise tote! I cant wait to use it on my upcoming cruise!

You can find her here if you want to know more about her totes: http://sweetpeatotes.blogspot.com/

---- Jessica, I'd love to order a tote just like this one. Can you send me contact info: zena adxpress@charter.net

Thanks,

I just got this big silver/black huge 'purse' - at least that is what I am telling the airlines :) I am putting my smaller purse/wallet inside this along with any other airplane needs and I am also bringing a small rolling carryon (no I don't want to pay 2nd bag charges - paying for 1st bag is enuf thank you very much).

I know I am only allowed one carryon (the roller) and one 'personal item' (the big purse - which is going to double as my beach bag in ports - okay a bit fancy but it will work).

Do you think the airlines will put a restriction on large sized purse totes on the plane? (I know purses are pretty big these days so that does help!)

• 10 years later...
I just got this big silver/black huge 'purse' - at least that is what I am telling the airlines :) I am putting my smaller purse/wallet inside this along with any other airplane needs and I am also bringing a small rolling carryon (no I don't want to pay 2nd bag charges - paying for 1st bag is enuf thank you very much).

I know I am only allowed one carryon (the roller) and one 'personal item' (the big purse - which is going to double as my beach bag in ports - okay a bit fancy but it will work).

Do you think the airlines will put a restriction on large sized purse totes on the plane? (I know purses are pretty big these days so that does help!)

Your airline should provide dimensions for your 'personal item'. Usually they are around 17 x 12 x 8 but have to fit under the seat in front. If you are on a really small plane, this may be too big so check the airline website.

Is it just me that can't link to the practicewriter pictures?

I like my Kyss bag for beach things as it has a lock (you can lock your bag around a tree or a chair). Reasonable in cost & personalized. Medium is my favorite size as large gets too heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have this bag in red. Large purse or tote or (for me) knitting bag that holds tablet or kindle, etc.

s-l1600.jpg

It is totally zipped except the one small pocket with a snap. The clever thing is, by sliding the strap around, you can make-shift a knapsack:

s-l1600.jpg

Additionally, to get it to the ship, I leave it open and slide it into the bottom of my real daypack, open end up and just pack the rest of my "personal item" stuff into it.

ETA: forgot to say where to get it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-Ladies-Convertible-Shoulder-Backpack-Crossbody-Purse-Handbag-Satchel/122835847374?var=423287789248

ETAA: it's really not as big as it looks in the eBay pics -- models in China are pretty small people!

That URL was posted ten years ago -- addresses change, photos get taken down...

Oops. Don't I feel emba:confused::confused:rrassed. I tend to review post dated but got suckered by a necropost. I wish CC would close dormant threads.

Depends on whether your airline requires you to demonstrate that your carry on items fit in a sizer. Either way, just do your fellow passengers a favor and follow the request to put your personal item under the seat in front of you, not in the overhead with your rollaboard suitcase.

Oops. Don't I feel emba:confused::confused:rrassed. I tend to review post dated but got suckered by a necropost. I wish CC would close dormant threads.

Yeah, but no. I just learned of a different cabin type (for our cruise next April) from a resurrected old thread on a different CC board. Also (members on) lots of the boards really castigate new users when they ask a common question, tell them to use the search function.

OTOH, a note in red that the post you are answering is X months or years old would be OK -- the fibercrafts forum Ravelry does this.

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 3:58 AM, mef_57 said:

Haha, me too.  I clicked on the bad link.

But the great thing is that her friend is still making bags - I followed the other link to her Etsy shop. So we can't see the original tote bag, but plenty of her friend's current work. :classic_biggrin:

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2008 at 3:26 PM, mrsfuzzmo said:

Very cute.

I always desire a bag, though, that zippers completely. I feel like a tote bag that is open and closes with just a snap, or not completely is just asking to be "picked". I might be OCD about it.

It is cute though.

I carry a small money holder under my clothing with ship card, ID, one credit card and a little cah  . My tote bad holds  things like towels, sunscreen, etc.. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, just_looking said:

Haha, me too.  I clicked on the bad link.

But the great thing is that her friend is still making bags - I followed the other link to her Etsy shop. So we can't see the original tote bag, but plenty of her friend's current work. :classic_biggrin:

I just looked at her stuff.  I think I will order a wristlet.