Seattle Hotel

lundys21

Four couples in our early 60's need a good clean hotel on July 25, 2009 for one night with Sea airport shuttle Thanks Jerry

You will need to stay down by the airport to get a hotel shuttle (none of the downtown hotels have them). What is your price range? Of note, airport is about 17 miles south of downtown and cruise terminals.

Price range would be $85.00/$140.00, but must be clean as wife's demand it.

OK, next question. Are you cruising from here (SEA) or from Vancouver? Either way, you will need to factor in the cost of taxis to get downtown to the cruise terminals and/or the train station, which will be in the neighborhood of $45.00 for two people, including fuel surcharge and gratuity.

Airport hotels average $150.00 to $200.00 per night, downtown $250.00 to $400.00 per night, plus hotel tax, for a double room. If expenses getting downtown will change your plans on where you might want to stay, let me know and I can recommend places in either location for you.

laS year we stayed one night in the Seattle Sheraton (which is downtown), very nice hotel in a great downtown location. Through price line the cost was 125.00...

As stated previously there are no shuttle buses to and from the location...so we tooked a cab. I believe that is was about 25-30 dollars (but my memory could be fading a bit on that)..

Grey Line offers a airport shuttle bus from Seatac to various downtown hotels.

here is the weblink...

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

We stayed at the Best Western Execuport near the Airport.

With the AAA it was $115.00

Free Airport Shuttle, Free Continental Breakfast, There was also a Cafe open in the hotel from 5:00 to 10;00 PM with a limited menu.

Nothing fancy but it is clean and has what you need.

Thanks for this info. I just checked the pricing for us for next July and it's $107 AND we can get 250 aeroplan miles for staying. I'm going to keep this one in mind if I can't score a 3 star exceptional deal from Priceline.

I would strongly suggest waiting awhile - there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of new hotel beds being built in Seattle at the moment, and depending on the economy there might be a bit of a price war next spring/summer when they all hit the market.

Wait until mid-winter and see how things look then.

I would strongly suggest waiting awhile - there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of new hotel beds being built in Seattle at the moment, and depending on the economy there might be a bit of a price war next spring/summer when they all hit the market.

Wait until mid-winter and see how things look then.

Oh thank you for that advice! I will definitely put the brakes on and wait till then. Thanks again!!

Archived