Name on Passport Question

Sunny AZ Girl

I just got a call from my mother. She is visiting a friend, who is going on our next cruise with us in another state. She told me that she was trying to book her flight from FL to San Juan with an online TA & called me asking what her full name on her passport is. She has gone by several names due to remarriage and can't remember what she has used as her middle name. I checked her cruise documents and they only show her legal first and last name, although I was looking at her passport and gave her entire name when she booked the cruise. I can look up her passport again, no problem. However, the online TA she called is telling her that she has to have her name exactly as it is shown on her passport to fly into San Juan.

My concern is that my DH made our flight arrangements through AA and he gave my name as it is on my picture ID, not on my passport (I do have one). However, my picture ID (driver's license) initials my first name and my passport spells it all out. Am I going to have a problem flying into San Juan? Isn't it considered to be within the US? I just figured I would use my picture ID, not my passport when I got to the airport.

United States Citizens traveling between the United States Of America and its territories such as Puerto Rico do not need a passport.

You will need to show your drivers license.

At the same time, when you board the cruise ship in Purto Rico you will need your passport.

Are you flying back to the United States from Puerto Rico?

Keith

Thank you for the reply.

That is what I thought. I wonder why this TA told my mom she needed her passport, not her driver's license. Yes, I am flying back to the US from Puerto Rico. I plan on bringing both my passport & my driver's license. The way I have always initialed my name causes confusion a lot. I should probably change it!:rolleyes:

Yes, we will definetly bring those! My Mom may be a bit confused. She is only booking the air with this TA (why, I don't know...) We have had the cruise booked for the last 7 months. I certainly hope this TA isn't trying to book it again for her!:eek: I usually handle her travel arrangements as far as cruises go, but she wanted to arrange the air herself once she got to FL to see her friend. She is going to fly from AZ to FL and spend a few days there with her friend before joining us in San Juan. She wanted them to book the air together.

Archived