Suggestions?: Hotel/restaurant for pre-cruise dinner in FLL

hellocruise

I'm getting married in port on the morning of departure, so my guests are arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before. I'd like to plan a pre-cruise dinner, can anyone suggest a good restaurant that can accommodate ~35 guests, and also be within walking/bus stop distance of a hotel. Preferably a hotel that has complimentary port shuttle too?

I know there are a couple of hotels with restaurants & spas inside, but I just can't ask the guests to pay the higher per night rate, $200+.

This link here: http://www.sunny.org/static/index.cfm?contentID=422

has a lot of good hotel information, but no "nearby dining" information.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

We (and all of our guests who came to Fort Lauderdale the day before sailing) stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites Airport/Cruiseport. It was 5 minutes from the airport & cruiseport and had a shuttle to both. It wasn't fancy, but it was comfortable and convenient. We were able to get group rates of around $140 - $150 per room (this was at a fairly peak time of the year too--almost all other hotels were over $200). Also, they have continental breakfast included in the rate.

Friday night we had dinner at Ernie's BBQ ((954) 523-8636

1843 S Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316). It is a very short (about 2 minute) walk from the hotel. It is nothing fancy, but they have good food in a casual atmosphere (and at a reasonable price). We were all upstairs on their covered outdoor patio. It worked great because some people arrived later in the evening so they joined us a bit later with no problems.

Just a thought - if you end up staying at a hotel with a concierge, they've got great recommendations.

We got married in Port Canaveral and stayed in Orlando the night before. We had already booked the hotel, so we called the concierge and got several suggestions. We ended up eating at Timpano Chophouse, which was really fun and delicious. We booked a little too late to get a private room, but we had two large tables and it all worked out for the best. I believe they have a location in FLL if you're interested in trying it out.

I recommend the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. It's on the water, very close the port (should be a shuttle) and there is a water taxi that can take you all over Ft. Lauderdale for dinning and shopping options. I believe there are some restaurants within walking distance too. The rates don't seem to be too bad either. Give them a call and ask them if they are close to many different dinning options. Good luck!

I had the same issue about hotels and it being too costly. I went on a certain website that sell discounted hotel rooms and got a room at the Sheraton Airport/ cruiseport. They report having a shuttle both from the airport and to the Port Everglades. It ended up 205.00 per night. For January (the "peak season") that has been about the cheapest I have located that is a decent hotel in a safe area of town. You might check that out. The comfort inn had awesome reviews but they were booked for the night I needed... good luck.

Archived