Disneyland-Fastpass Question

gargoyle999

Question for anyone who has been to Disneyland recently. We will be going the day after Thanksgiving as our pre-cruise excursion. I'm using a program that is supposed to tell me the best order of rides we want to take to minimize our time waiting in line.

It recommends using "late fastpass" which is getting an fastpass but showing up at the ride at a time later than is on the fastpass. I'm would like to check and see if Disneland is letting people do that or not. I don't want to cause any trouble if they have cracked down on people showing up a couple hours after the time on the fastpass.

So anyway, does anyone know if using a late fastpass will be a problem at Disneyland?

I do that whenever I need to...

The fastpass does not mean that you HAVE to show up at that certain time that is stamped on the ticket.

It just means anytime AFTER the time on the ticket.

They do the same thing when it's really crowded at Universal Studios for the tram tour.

As long as you don't show up at the time before the ticket says, you're fine.

Enjoy!

I do that whenever I need to...

The fastpass does not mean that you HAVE to show up at that certain time that is stamped on the ticket.

It just means anytime AFTER the time on the ticket.

They do the same thing when it's really crowded at Universal Studios for the tram tour.

As long as you don't show up at the time before the ticket says, you're fine.

Enjoy!

Thanks! That is good to know. :)

We also bought that software! Is it RideMax? It really worked great, we did sooo much between both parks. I really liked it.

It is Ridemax! I've never been to Disneyland and it will be the day after Thanksgiving so I figure it will be jam packed. I need all the help I can get to not stand in line for 2 hours for a 5 minute ride.:) We're going to hit both parks as well. The software just added Nov dates so it's time to get to planning out our rides. :D

Fast passes can be used anytime after the time it advises you to come back for that particular day. You can only have 1 fastpass at a time, so if you want to go on Indiana Jones and you have a fastpass you cannot go get another fast pass until after Indian Jones time has passed. Also the most popular rides (like Indiana Jones) the fastpasses run out quickly, I was there in June and I went to get a fastpass in the afternoon and the return time wasn't until 9:00 that night.

You can only have 1 fastpass at a time, so if you want to go on Indiana Jones and you have a fastpass you cannot go get another fast pass until after Indian Jones time has passed.

Some Fastpass attractions are 'off the system' and can be held at the same time. Also, a second 'on system' FP can be had after the 1st time has passed or 2 hours, whichever is less.

This is a question better asked at a Disney board, I think.

Yes there are some fast passes you can get on top of eachother, I believe your ride max will tell you.

Yes, Ridemax tells you which ones are "off the system" as they refer to it. I'm going to chose to use the late fastpass option since it seems like that will be no problem. Ridemax makes it seem sort of like you "might" be able to show up later and still use it so that's why I wasn't sure.

Now I'm just hoping for nice weather out there on the day after Thanksgiving! We don't have a plan B! :o

Now I'm just hoping for nice weather out there on the day after Thanksgiving! We don't have a plan B! :o

I've lived within 20 miles of Disney my entire life and grew up 3 miles away. Going fishing or cycling is a Day after Thanksgiving family tradition. I can't recall the last time we cancelled due to weather. The past few years it's been seriously hot and sunny by 10am. But, it could be overcast and 60, just plan for either.

Don't worry about the weather! The very best time I have ever had in Disneyland was the day it poured down rain! We just bought a poncho, and kept on going. Most everyone left the park so there were NO lines or waiting for anything!

We might be there the same time as you. Haven't decided yet.

We aren't staying at a Disney hotel so won't get any early entry or anything like that. Any suggestions for when we should get in line to buy our tickets to get in? I'm not going to buy tickets in advance just in case we don't go for some reason (flight problem day before, weather, etc). It opens up at 8am and I kind if want to be walking in around that time.

How early do we need to get in line the day after Thanksgiving to be somewhere towards the front to buy our tickets?

Don't worry about the weather! The very best time I have ever had in Disneyland was the day it poured down rain! We just bought a poncho, and kept on going. Most everyone left the park so there were NO lines or waiting for anything!

We might be there the same time as you. Haven't decided yet.

I'd be mostly worried about them closing down a bunch of rides and not getting "my moneys worth". :) Going to look for some cheap ponchos to bring along for the water rides.

It opens up at 8am and I kind if want to be walking in around that time.

How early do we need to get in line the day after Thanksgiving to be somewhere towards the front to buy our tickets?

I've never gone on the day after Thanksgiving but hear it can get busy. There are multiple ticket booths, pick one, then walk or line up for it. Sometimes there are big lines at some booths but little or no lines at the booths way to one side or the other. You might split up, work two separate lines and stay in phone contact. You shouldn't have to wait more than 10-20 minutes at the worst.

There is an area of restaurants, shops, etc. called "Downtown Disney" right next to the entry gates. Although a lot of the shops will be closed that early, you could grab some pastries and lattes then go to the line.

Once you buy the tickets, proceed to the actual turnstiles where the tickets will be scanned and you're in !!

If it's the evening before and you decide you're going (energy is high, weather forecast is good), you might be able to buy tickets in advance at the ticket booth, one of the Disney hotels, or online. I'm not sure about this.

Our weather is pretty predictable in November and the 24-48 hour forecast will be reliable.

Buy your tickets online. They are quite a bit cheaper than buying at the gate. They typically do include early entry for 1 day.

I have been to the park MANY times and Thanksgiving was by far the WORST crowds I have ever seen. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

I will be going in 2 weeks for our pre-cruise trip also. Hope you have a great trip. :D

Buy your tickets online. They are quite a bit cheaper than buying at the gate. They typically do include early entry for 1 day.

I have been to the park MANY times and Thanksgiving was by far the WORST crowds I have ever seen. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

I will be going in 2 weeks for our pre-cruise trip also. Hope you have a great trip. :D

Yeah...I know it will be packed. But I figure most any attraction will be packed the day after Thanksgiving and I'd rather not drive around in CA so we'll just go and spend the day. And hope for the best! :D

I've got our Ridemax ready to go so we'll see how that works out for us. Based on that the California Adventure will have a few rides with 30-40 minute waits in the afternoon, but the rest doesn't seem too bad. We'll see! :)

• 1 month later...

I am a rabid Disneymaniac, and would still have an annual pass if I had the time and money to go to SoCal more frequently.

The last time we went, about a year ago, we only went for one day, so I got my tickets at AAA. The savings off the gate price was only a dollar or two less, but you got free parking, which is quite a savings. If you know a day or two before, you should be able to find a AAA office (assuming you are a member!).

Be sure to get a Park Hopper, so you can visit both the Magic Kingdom and California Adventure. I thought I would hate CA Adventure, but DH and I love it. Our favorite ride there is Soarin' Over California. Don't miss it!

Also, if you are going to be near DL, it is worth a trip down the road to have dinner at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park. (The park is fun, too, but IMHO, can't compare to DL.) The food is great, and a complete dinner is very reasonable, like $15, and there is TONS of food in the meal. Their breakfasts are pretty good, too.

We are cruising to Hawaii next year - 10/25 to 11/8. Some of you who frequent DL can you tell me if weekends during this time are crowded. Would be either 10/24 (Sat) or 11/8 (Sun). Also I used to be able to find out which rides were being refurbished in advance. Is this still available. Thanks. We are taking an older couple (70's) on the cruise and can you believe they have never been to DL - ever!!!

We are cruising to Hawaii next year - 10/25 to 11/8. Some of you who frequent DL can you tell me if weekends during this time are crowded. Would be either 10/24 (Sat) or 11/8 (Sun). Also I used to be able to find out which rides were being refurbished in advance. Is this still available. Thanks. We are taking an older couple (70's) on the cruise and can you believe they have never been to DL - ever!!!

Can anyone remind me of that Disney "Mouse" site? I used it several years ago when we went to Disney world. Regulars had lots of great advise.

Well, the good news right now with the economy is that it is keeping a lot of people home. The last few months at D-Land have been really uncrowded. Haunted House, walked right in. Hardly a long wait at most of the rides. Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones and Space Mountain were the worst. Still not much of a wait in comparision to other times though. Another thing to consider if its not a big deal to you, some rides have "single" riders lines. So you don't get to sit together but you cut the line which in some cases is really worth it. I can't say about the day after Thanksgiving but if the past few months are an indicator you are going to be midly surprised at the lack of crowds. For lunch, stop by Billy Hill and the Hillbillies in Frontier land. You get a funny show while you eat. Small World is still closed (as of last week). Finding Nemo is always a long wait and no fast pass so if you want to do that one, I'd suggest going to it early. The roller coaster, Tower of Terror and Soaring California are definetely the best at GCA but don't forget to catch the shows off to the left when you enter.

Archived