place to store luggage in San Juan after cruise

ruth0701

Good evening,

I just posted this in the San Juan board, but thought someone here may also know the answer.

We will be sailing on the Adventure of the Seas in October and we have a late return flight. We were hoping to do some sightseeing on our own in San Juan before we fly home, but are wondering what we do with our luggage. Can anyone recommend a place where we can safely store our luggage until we are ready to leave for the airport?

Thanks very much! :D

Barrachina's restaurant in Old San Juan. You can store your luggage for free with no worries. Plus they serve pretty good food and drinks there.:p

There is also a store across from Pier 4 in OSJ where you can store your luggage for a fee. For RCCL sailings which use the Pan Am Pier, Barrachina's is a much better option because you end up in the middle of OSJ, don't have to pay to store your luggage, and get to avoid the people coming off ships at Pier 4.

Depending on where you are flying and what airline, you might want to take advantage of the Onboard Luggage Valet Service. For a fee, RCCL checks you in for your flights, prints off your boarding passes and luggage tags, and takes your bags to the airport for you - all you have to do when you get to the airport is head to the security and the gate. The great part about this service is all you have to worry about for the day is your carryons (which you can drop off at Barrachina's).

Highly recommend the Onboard Luggage Check in program on AOS-it was worth its weight in gold not to have to deal with luggage or check in at the airport-Just remember you have to do this by about Wed or so during the week as their is a cut off point-we did not see it in the compass-so we had to ask- We will be doing that again in May!!:)

Hello,

My husband and I were on the Princess in March and had stayed at the Hotel El Convento in old San Juan previously (highly reccomended). We saw many people leaving luggage before and after cruises.

We too had a late flight after we got off the ship in March and asked the doorman Jaime (he actually remembered us!) if he would stow our luggage during the day. He gave us his cell number, tagged our luggage and said no problem-he even plugged in my phone to charge in the luggage room!

Very safe place I think you would have no problems, maybe tip him :o

By the way, if you care to, the tapas restaurant el picateo i believe, has fabulous sangria and food. The whole hotel is a registered historic site and worth strolling through, it's also in the heart of old san juan-100 feet to the princess promenade along the water. That was our favorite place to go after eating/drinking.

Have fun!;) If you want any ideas or pics from San Juan let me know-we adore the city.

At PanAm Pier there were tours of Old San Juan leaving and they took the luggage and dropped you and luggage to airport later in the day. We did the tour and were dropped to the hotel by the airport which went well also. Tour was very nice, we got to hotel after room was ready and had no worries about the luggage. Price seemed to be pretty good compared with paying for taxi to hotel and then RT to old San Juan.

We got to spend more time touring with an expert, and had a fantastic guide so we were very pleased with the decision.

Thanks everyone for your replies. The Onboard Luggage Checkin would be great but Air Canada is not one of the airlines offering this option. I do feel better now that I've heard back from people who have stored their luggage with no problems.

We have used Barrachinas several times with no problems. We usually wind up eating there (which I am sure is the intent behind the service), the food is good and the prices are reasonable. The luggage is stored in a room reserved for evening functions so you do have to get it out by 5 PM (I think, been several years.)

• 4 months later...

Never been to OSJ and need to use Barrachinas for luggage. What would be the best pattern to follow?...we want to see El Morro too. After dropping our luggage off at Barrachinas, then what do you recommend we do? Walk or taxi to El Morro? How far is it?

Archived