Should I book 3 or 4 day?

megustamex

I can't figure out why to do a 4 day cruise. I'm booked for a 3-day right now and we are trying to decide if we should change to a 4-day. I can understand having a day at sea in between ports on your way to somewhere but I'm having trouble paying an extra $800 for that final day at sea. Is is really worth it? Is anyone bored by it and just waiting to get home since there aren't any ports left? That's my fear. Also, I have 2 small kids (1 and 3) so I'm not sure how much spa or relaxation time I will get on that last day. What do you do with your kids (besides put them in the clubs) on that last day at sea?

The fourth day will give you a chance to go to Palo without missing one of the three rotation restaurant.

The extra day at sea will also give you a chance to play with the kids all day. Play in the pools, water play area, basketball court, Oceaneer's Club etc. My first DCL cruise was a three day and I wished it had been a four day.

We did 6 days at Walt Disney World, followed by 3 days on Wonder followed by 1 day in Sea World and my kids STILL didn't want to go home. ;)

I have always seen comments on these boards about how short a 3 day cruise seems once you are onboard and I always thought - ok, what's the big deal.

And now after doing it I can tell you that there is a HUGE difference between a 3 day and a 4 day cruise. It seemed like once we were onboard we were already packing to go home. :( It would have been VERY nice to have one more day.

Look at it like this - we got onboard on a Thursday, the first day is always very busy.

Then on Friday we were in Nassau - VERY busy again - doing the stingray encounter. Rushed back to go to the pools.

On Saturday - Castaway Cay and when you get back on the ship in Castaway Cay you have to pack. :( The bags must be outside your door by 11pm THAT night. So we went to dinner and came back to pack. That was difficult. One sea day would have allowed us to enjoy our Castaway Cay day, not be rushed. And then one whole sea day left to pack back up again.

I've done two 4 day cruises and never felt as rushed as we did on the 3 day cruise. I won't do that again.

I actually spend some time with my kids. Shocking I know.:eek: :D There are many activities for families on board.

If that is not your thing then you can use the kids club. You can drop them off at 9 am and not pick them up until 12am if you want.

I have never done a 3 night cruise. It seems like a waste to me. 7 nights goes by fast enough. Sometimes the 4 nights are cheaper than the 3 nights because one would have to take more time off from work/school. A cruise without a single sea day--no thanks. That's my $.02.

I actually spend some time with my kids. Shocking I know. :D There are many activities for families on board.

Me too ;) :D

Too bad my kids didn't want to spend as much time with me. :( Those darn kids clubs...lol.

I had to DEMAND that my kids come out of the club for the Pirate Party. :eek: My daughter complained that she was missing making flubber or something. :p

I have always seen comments on these boards about how short a 3 day cruise seems once you are onboard and I always thought - ok, what's the big deal.

And now after doing it I can tell you that there is a HUGE difference between a 3 day and a 4 day cruise. It seemed like once we were onboard we were already packing to go home. :( It would have been VERY nice to have one more day.

Look at it like this - we got onboard on a Thursday, the first day is always very busy.

Then on Friday we were in Nassau - VERY busy again - doing the stingray encounter. Rushed back to go to the pools.

On Saturday - Castaway Cay and when you get back on the ship in Castaway Cay you have to pack. :( The bags must be outside your door by 11pm THAT night. So we went to dinner and came back to pack. That was difficult. One sea day would have allowed us to enjoy our Castaway Cay day, not be rushed. And then one whole sea day left to pack back up again.

I've done two 4 day cruises and never felt as rushed as we did on the 3 day cruise. I won't do that again.

I agree. I have done both the 4 and 3 night cruises with Disney ( Back when there was no 7 day cruises) everything seemed so rushed on the 3 night. Even when you look at the ships speed on the monitors, your always moving pretty quick. I like the 4th day as a catch up day AND at the same time, if a port is out due to weather,etc. the Capt alway has the option of changing things around so you dont miss anything. Its a little harder on a 3 day.

I just mentioned to my DH this afternoon that we may take a DCL cruise next summer and when I mentioned a 3 day over a 4 day he said he didn't want to do it. It is such a rushed cruise and it's over before it feels like it even started. The extra day is worth the money.

When I figured the time and cost to get to Florida both the three and four days don't really seem that affordable. We did however manage to be able to do the 4 day cruise and then add the 3 days at Disney World to make it a week vacation for next year. If I lived closer to Florida I would probably consider the shorter cruises more often.

Archived