Halloween Costume needed?

Weeler5

We are sailing Liberty 10/18 and I have heard that there will be Halloween decorations up - my question is - will there be a Halloween costume party or are we sailing one week too early for that?

Don't want to miss a party - but I don't want to pack costumes if I don't need them - at $25 an extra bag - or what ever the airlines are going to charge me:rolleyes:.

Thanks to those in the know.....

I don't want to pack costumes if I don't need them - at $25 an extra bag - or what ever the airlines are going to charge me:rolleyes:.

If you have room I would pack them, if not I don't think I would pay for an extra bag just for costumes. They will have a halloween party and some people do wear costumes.

I was visiting friends at Halloween one year and we went to a dance that if you were wearing a costume you got in free. I grabbed a green garbage bag - cut a hole in the bottom for my head - stuffed towels in it - cinched around the bottom and went as a green pepper. My husband grabbed an orange garbage bag (used for leaves and grass) left it long and he went as a carrot. We made hats that looked like the tops of each. Two garbage bags don't take up much room. PS we got second place for orginality. Have fun.

We are sailing Liberty 10/18 and I have heard that there will be Halloween decorations up - my question is - will there be a Halloween costume party or are we sailing one week too early for that?

Don't want to miss a party - but I don't want to pack costumes if I don't need them - at $25 an extra bag - or what ever the airlines are going to charge me:rolleyes:.

Ebay a superman t-shirt and some 'clark kent' glasses.

Were that under a jacket, dress shrit, and tie you recycle from formal night.

Open up the shirt throw the tie over your shoulder. The only extra thing you pack is a t-shirt and glasses.

Ebay a superman t-shirt and some 'clark kent' glasses.

Were that under a jacket, dress shrit, and tie you recycle from formal night.

Open up the shirt throw the tie over your shoulder. The only extra thing you pack is a t-shirt and glasses.

What a great idea.

Does anyone know if there is a place we can buy beer and hard liquor at the Biscayne Bay Market or near there? We fly in the evening before we sail, but won't be to the hotel until about 8PM. We need to find a place to buy booze for our rum runners.:cool:

Celia & Dave

We sailed last year on October 21st and had a halloween party. I just took some light up sparkly bat antennae (like a head band you wear on your head) and a sparkly spider ring and wore an orange outfit. While I was not really any sort of character...I was still very festive for the party without having to bring a lot of stuff.

Some people got elaborate and I really enjoyed seeing all the costumes. One group of 7 came as the "Castaways" of Gilligans Island. They looked awesome and the Mr. Howel character was happily drinking out of his coconut drink. I was really impressed with how detailed the costumes were. There was no doubt they were the castaways...even when they were apart, you could tell what character they were. I didn't go to the judging, but I really hope they won something.

Last year Carnival put out a news release about all October Sailings having a Halloween party. I have not seen any such release this year. We are sailing next Saturday and I am curious if there will be anything. Has anyone seen a news release?

I would take one, we were on Disney's Wonder over Halloween last year and they had a huge party with costume contest and let the kids trick or treat on the ship. It was neat. I am sure Carnival will do something for the kids.

I would take one, we were on Disney's Wonder over Halloween last year and they had a huge party with costume contest and let the kids trick or treat on the ship. It was neat. I am sure Carnival will do something for the kids.

Right.... but OP is not cruising Halloween week.

The halloween contest is on Halloween, so Im not sure why you would pack a costume, but then I cruise the week of Halloween, so maybe you can find another time to wear one.

Canival had Halloween parties for all sailings Oct 13 and later last year. I was on the Valor Oct 21-28, and there was most definitely a Halloween party.

I'm sailing on Halloween this year, and I'm planning on bringing a costume. It doesn't take up much room. I bought it 5 years ago when I was living in Atlanta and had just lost weight, so it was a rather skimpy costume. Never got to wear it because I had complications from surgery that year, so I couldn't go out. Then I moved to Chicago and it was either too cold or I wasn't comfortable with the way I looked in the costume. Now I'll be in warm weather and I'm back to my skinny weight. It's a sailor girl costume - kind of corny, but whatever.

We sailed on Halloween a few years back and Miracle had a big deck party on Halloween night.

I have a cruise booked on Pride that sails on Halloween again and I am planning on bringing adult and kid's costumes. The only problem is Halloween is the last night of the cruise- I'm sure they might have it another night. We're looking forward to seeing what they plan for the kids on board.

No Tricks, All Treats...

Halloween is the sweetest time of years for kids. What could be more fun then dressing up and cruising your neighborhood? Carnival Knows! Starting on cruises that depart mid-October and running thought Halloween, Carnival will offer its second annual "Frightfully Fun" days and evenings aboard every "Fun Ship". Kids enrolled in Camp Carnival can join in costume contests and trick-or-treat throughout the ship. Adults, bring your own costumes, too, for your own contest and other activities.

Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines and we look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Cordially,

Carnival Cruise Lines

I E-MAILED THEM A WHILE AGO AND RECEIVED THE ABOVE.

In the past, DH and I went to a Halloween party given by two very distinctive friends. We actually went to the party as the host and hostess! It was really funny and they still talk about it. One year our group of friends did a progressive (and unannounced) trick or treat party. They showed up at our house and announced we had five minutes to come up with a costume. DH's nickname at the time was "Smut" (as in Smutley the dog for his wheezing laugh) so he dressed all in brown and went as "Smut in a plain brown wrapper". One guy threw on some overalls and grabbed a paint can from the garage and went as a painter. Three of us women grabbed big brown trash bags, cut out arm and neck holes, got some white ribbon and put a big "M" on two and a "&" on the other. We walked around all night with our arms linked and told everyone we were plain M&Ms. Sometimes it's fun just to see what you can come up with. I'm all for the let's be comfortable. One of the worst costumes I ever saw was a person covered in purple balloons, supposedly a cluster of grapes. They had to stand all night.

I've even seen couples come dressed as each other. One of my favorites was the night I went as that famous Televangelist, Tammy Fay.

293347142_TammyFay.jpg.b1b73fe4b535ac70777fd7418e850d81.jpg

Her are some pics from our Halloween cruise on the Fantasy and we had a blast, click on the link and then you will have to skip over all the capers I posted but then you will see many costumes that were worn on that cruise. I hope this helped. Have a great cruise.

We are sailing again this year for Halloween on the Holiday and cant wait.:D

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555355223dGqEvu?vhost=good-times&start=36

An easy costume is a black-eyed pea. You use black eyeliner, purple & blue eyeshadow to make a black eye on one of your eyes and then cut out the letter "P" from construction paper and pin it to your shirt...ta-da...Black-eyed Pea! I did this one halloween and won for most original costume.

My DW and I have been on several Halloween cruises and have enjoyed everyone one of them. When we choose a costume we always consider what it is going to take up int he suitcase cause we like to self debark to get off as quicly as possible.

One of the easist cosutmes we ever traveled with was Fred and Wilma both were made of light fleece material so as to not get too hot. We made these ourselves and it took up very little room in the suitcase. Another Costume we took was the lion and Dorothy again both very easy to make or buy and not much room in the suitcase. We are looking to our next Halloween cruise and we have a few ideas in our head but another easy one that we are thinking about it Thing 1 and Thing 2 again both easy to make and easy to travel with.

Archived