Labadee BBQ food for vegetarians

TravlGrl

We cruised last week on Freedom of the Seas with Labadee being one of our ports. During my months of research one of the questions I had asked was regarding the food at the BBQ since I'm a vegetarian. Now having experienced the Labadee BBQ I want to report back on what I found.

Folks on the CC board were recommending that I grab some food from the ship to bring with me to Labadee since there would be no (or extremely limited) options for me. I am very happy to say that it wasn't true! :D

The BBQ consisted of (as far as non-meat options) 4 different salad options, 3 different cut fruit options, 3 different whole fruit options, various breads, and some sliced cheese (that people were putting on their burgers). The salads were robust and filling, enough to make a meal (not just the typical green salad that seems to be the default for someone who doesn't know what to offer an herbivore). I filled up on pasta salad, greek salad, tomatoes, fruit salad, cheese, and some bread. Sure, there was very little protein (just the cheese) there for me, but it's only one day with minimal protein and I can live with that.

So, if you have any reservations about food consumption, know that you will be just fine as a meat eater or not.

I want to go back now!!!!!!!!!

The BBQ also includes corn on the cob and it has baked beans. The baked beans may have a minimal amount of bacon in it. I don't recall. On Coco Cay, they serve macaroni and cheese, too, but I don't beleive I have ever seen mac and cheese at Labadee. The actual menu may be at the discretion of the particular chef on the ship.

You are absolutely right! They did have corn on the cob. I totally forgot about that, as I was going to grab one but realized my plate was so full already!

And yes, they had baked beans with pork -- not even close to vegetarian. :confused:

Archived