Seward/Cooper Landing hotels & B&B

lundys21

We ( 4 couples in their early sixty) will be staying in the Seward/Cooper Landing area for 2 or 3 nts July 13/15/09. Looking for places to book hotels or B.B. that you make have enjoyed. Price range $120/200 per room. I have considered tour saver for Kenai Princess Wilderness in Cooper Landing. We will be doing Kenai Fjords Tours,Exit Glacier ( Seward ) then traveling to Homer.

My favorite place in Seward is http://www.alaskasaltwaterlodge.com for the awesome view of the bay.

Last year the Northern Lights discount book had a couple of hotel deals in Seward. The new book for 2009 will be out on Oct 15th. http://www.alaska-discounts.com/

I agree that the Kenai Princess Lodge isn't in a good place for doing things in Seward as it's almost an hour away.

I've stayed at all three -- Kenai Princess, Holiday Inn Express and Saltwater Lodge. They are very different and it depends upon what you like. However, they were all nice and clean so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them.

When we stayed at the Holiday Inn, it was convenient to the Exit Glacier Guides, the Kenai Fjords trip and a (long)walk into town to the Sea Life Center. It was a typical Holiday Inn that included a continental breakfast. They were very nice about storing our luggage, and you could see the cruise ship right across the harbor.

When we stayed at the Saltwater Lodge, the view was wonderful, but there were no amenities -- no tv, shampoo, internet or food close by. DH took their fishing trip and loved it. I was bored all day and glad that I brought a book. It's about 5 miles from town and not a really safe road to walk. But the owner was nice, and the small breakfast was good. Huge kitchen in the lower suite if you want to cook. DH would go back in a heartbeat. I think it was just a little too rustic for me.

My favorite was the Kenai Princess Lodge. It was close to our fishing, kayaking and rafting trips and the food was really good. I made reservations and then watched their web site for specials. They were fine with lowering the price after I booked. I think they keep the weekends for Pricess Tour people, but mid-week there were no buses and I loved walking the paths. We had lunch on their veranda overlooking the river and it was just like their brochure - beautiful. It had all the amenities of a hotel in the lower 48. This is a good choice if you don't like "roughing it." If you decide to stay there, we used this company for trips and had lots of fun:

http://www.alaskarivertrips.com/default.htm

Take a look at tripadvisor, as they have reviews for all three hotels. :)

Archived