? about Cincinnati Airport

Terre

We are changing plane in Cincinnati from Charlotte to Seattle.

Some people tell me changing planes there is a nightmare, others say it's easy. Some say getting from one concourse/terminal to another is confusing and difficult.

For those of you who have changed planes there, what's your opinion?

Hi Terre-

I am from Cincinnati and my DH flies every week for business so we spend a lot of time at CVG. It is not as confusing as say, Atlanta or O' Hare but it is a big airport and it takes time to get from one terminal to another. If your layover is not long enough, it is possible to miss the plane, although that can happen almost anywhere. There are plenty of signs directing you where to go but it is the time factor you should worry about, not really the confusion factor.

Who are you flying? With some, you have to take a shuttle to catch the other plane. This can be long and confusing.

I just flew through there this week.

The only thing different about the Cinci airport from some others is that they do not have "monorails" or subways to get you from terminal to terminal if you have to change to get your flight.

They use shuttle busses instead, that run almost constantly behind one another and are no slower than the monorail systems.

As Cinci is also the Comair hub, the only problem used to be Comair's waiting area. It was congested and dirty. Now it's new, clean, bright and has many dining/snack choices available.

GOOD LUCK!

:)

We are changing plane in Cincinnati from Charlotte to Seattle.

Some people tell me changing planes there is a nightmare, others say it's easy. Some say getting from one concourse/terminal to another is confusing and difficult.

For those of you who have changed planes there, what's your opinion?

Details, details....if you are changing delta to delta it is one answer, if you are changing USAir to United it is another.

Please give us details!! :)

Sorry, everyone, we've been out of town...yes, we are changing Delta to Delta. I've heard horror stories from others who have gotten on the wrong shuttle, etc. and we won't have as much of a layover, if any, coming back from Seattle as going.

We have changed planes in Atlanta before and that's pretty crazy, so I think we can probably handle just about anywhere after that!

Thanks so much for any and all suggestions and reassurances!

We have changed planes in Atlanta before and that's pretty crazy, so I think we can probably handle just about anywhere after that!

Thanks so much for any and all suggestions and reassurances!

CVG is much easier than Atlanta. I would suggest you don't stop for food, shopping or bathroom breaks until you have found your new gate.

The only thing different about the Cinci airport from some others is that they do not have "monorails" or subways to get you from terminal to terminal if you have to change to get your flight.

Not true. Within the Terminal 3 complex (which is where all of the DL/DL Connection flights operate), there is an underground train between the "A" and "B" concourses.

They use shuttle busses instead, that run almost constantly behind one another and are no slower than the monorail systems.

The shuttle buses run between concourse "C" (DL Connection) and the "A" and "B" concourses.

The "B" concourse is the most used (and largest) concourse - "A" tends to go "dark" in the non-peak periods. Try the CVG website for more info.

When are you flying thru Cincinnati? If it is next year, Terminal C will be closed so u will most likely be switching from one Delta flight to another by using The B terminal. One way to check what flts u are on is to look at your ticket. It your flight begins with four numbers ie. 5321 or 6321 then u will be on Comair or a commuter carrier. If your flight # begins with 3 or four numbers ie. 631 or 1252 then u r on Delta. If u tell me your flt # I can tell u which carrier u r on and what terminal u will be flying out of. Also what month r u flying? tnks.

When are you flying thru Cincinnati? If it is next year, Terminal C will be closed so u will most likely be switching from one Delta flight to another by using The B terminal. One way to check what flts u are on is to look at your ticket. It your flight begins with four numbers ie. 5321 or 6321 then u will be on Comair or a commuter carrier. If your flight # begins with 3 or four numbers ie. 631 or 1252 then u r on Delta. If u tell me your flt # I can tell u which carrier u r on and what terminal u will be flying out of. Also what month r u flying? tnks.

Our tickets are 4 digits...1575 and 6258 are our connecting flights. We will be there in May of 2009.

You will be flying into Cincinnati on Delta, and you will be leaving on a Delta connection flight; ie, regional jet. Any flight beginning with a 6 is Delta Connection, which is ASA(Atlantic Southeast Airlines). Since you are not coming until May you most likely will be coming into Terminal B, and will be Leaving from Terminal A. The distance between the two terminals is a five minute walk. There is a underground train, but you should be able to walk from one terminal to the next. You may come into terminal A, in which case you would just have to swap gates. Hopes this helps.

cheers

My pleasure, if you have any more questions please ask. I do suggest you check your flight reservations at least once a month. Delta will change aircraft or flight #'s fairly often, when they change your flt #, your seat selection may change. If you don't call them to reconfirm the change you may loose your current seat selection. I fly Delta out of Cincinnati once a week, I know their system pretty well.

Cheers,

My pleasure, if you have any more questions please ask. I do suggest you check your flight reservations at least once a month. Delta will change aircraft or flight #'s fairly often, when they change your flt #, your seat selection may change. If you don't call them to reconfirm the change you may loose your current seat selection. I fly Delta out of Cincinnati once a week, I know their system pretty well.

Cheers,

Hope you don't mind if I ask a question. No derail is intended. I am flying in on Comair to CVG in 2 weeks. I leave Dayton at 7:15 am and arrive in CVG at 8:05 AM. I then flight out of CVG on Delta at 9:15AM to Ft Lauderdale. I felt a bit comfortable with this flight but after reading a few posts I am a bit nervous. To cut down on time I decided to pick seats at the very front of plane in order to be off first and save sometime. Should I be worried about my luggage not making it or tbh that's just something everybody worries about. I think an hour and 15 mins is enough but wanted your opinion? I think since its delta/Comair I will be on the same concourse so I shouldn't be worried?

If you'll look at my prior post (#9), you'll see a link to the CVG website. Will show you the physical layout of the airport and concourses. You may not be on the same concourse, but that is not a big deal at CVG, unlike ATL.

Anything over an hour at CVG is more than enough time. Stop worrying.

Most likely you will be arriving from Dayton in C terminal. Go the the front door of C terminal and catch shuttle bus to the A or B terminal. Since you will be on Delta out of CVG, they use termianl A and B. Terminal C has shuttle buses to both terminals. From the time you get off Comair until u board the shuttle bus should be less than ten minutes. The bus ride is less than five minutes. So you should be at your new gate in 20 minutes or less.

Cheers

Archived