Vision of the Seas Balcony Questions

Perki

We love to order in breakfast each morning on our cruises and eat on the balcony (Room Class D this trip, Rm#7530). Having never been on this class ship or this cruiseline, is there a table tall enough to eat on or is it one of the smaller side tables? I notice there is what looks like a sofa table that is taller inside the room has anyone moved that out to use that to eat on? I think we did this on one of our Celebrity cruises. Also, is the balcony one that you can see thru - glass or plastic bottom w/toprail - or is it opaque or metal on bottom? Thanks for any info. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

NCL Sea (9/91) Leigh Ann
RCCL (8/92) Mike
NCL Norway (4/94) Both
NCL Sea (1/99) Both
Cele. Mercury (4/00) Both
Sun Princess (5/01) Both
Cele. Millie (4/02) Both

just a small table out there. The one in side the cabin is also small, but it adjusts to make it taller. Cat. C has regular tables. OUr cat D. was aft, and the rail was clear. I'm sure its the same on the sides.

Have fun!

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94
Carnival, Holiday 12/95
Carnival, Jubilee 12/96
Royal's, Song of America 11/98
Celebrity Galaxy 9/99
Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00
Celebrity, Millennium 12/00
Royal's Vision 2/02
Royal's Vision 12/02
Royal's Monarch 6/03
Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !!

• 2 weeks later...
Both tables are small, but we manage well to eat outside for breakfast and even for lunch.
The balconies are clear and you can see through them.
Balconies on the 7th floor are smaller than on the 8th floor. We always get cabin 8534 and we have sailed 27 times to mexico.

Barbara

I'm looking at pictures we took of cabin 7149 on Vision. The balcony is metal up about 2 1/2 ft. From there there is plexiglass about 1 1/2 ft with a metal frame around it, a space that appears to be 6 to 12 inches and then a wooden railing. I found that when I sat down, I had some difficulty with the railing being in my line of site. My wife, who is around 5'2" couldn't see at all thankd to the railing, the frame around the plexiglass and the metal at the bottom.

Future cruises
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises
Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03
Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

Archived