Cabin B747 Sapphire

firecapt25

I haven't stayed in B747, but the balcony is bigger (by about half).

If I remember correctly (from last August), all the balconys on Aloha and Baja are completely exposed; on Caribe they're half covered, half exposed; and on Dolphin and Emerald they're completely covered.

We have booked a 7 day coastal cruise on Sapphire and have cabin B747 AFT I see from picture that the balcony looks larger is it. And does it have a cover over it or is it open above. Has anyone stayed in this cabin .

Thanks for any help

I,m wondering if you went to cruise staterooms the pictures would show you if it is covered or not. Not to fear, I guess, there will be someone on CC that has the answer. We really prefer them to be at least half covered so if mother nature decides on rain....you can still be out on your balcony.

B747 on the Sapphire is a BD category cabin on the Starboard side of the ship. While not an Aft cabin, it is the very last one on the side. The balcony is larger. The view is at 45 degrees to the other balconys, allowing you to have a forward view as the ship sails. The deck plan you mentioned in your earlier post is accurate. The balcony is fully covered.

This link has some good photos where you can see the cabin:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wheressherrinow.com/gallery/Vancouver%2520Cruise-a-thon%252002Jun06-05Jun06/Sapphire%2520Princess/slides/Sapphire%2520Princess%25201.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wheressherrinow.com/gallery/Vancouver%2520Cruise-a-thon%252002Jun06-05Jun06/Sapphire%2520Princess/slides/Sapphire%2520Princess%25201.html&h=425&w=720&sz=79&tbnid=SDD2pO-j9zgJ::&tbnh=83&tbnw=140&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsapphire%2Bprincess%2Bphotos&usg=__g-yEHNQOTOVdsD4kiBjJ_FlEzAg=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=3&ct=image&cd=1

BTW, this is a great location. Only an Aft facing cabin in better, IMO. Very quiet as the only people that come by are the other "locals". Or in the event of a drill, there is a staircase just around the corner that leads thru the corner of the ship.

When is your coastal? We're in the same cabin May, 2009 on our way to Vancouver.

Enjoy.

We have booked a 7 day coastal cruise on Sapphire and have cabin B747 AFT I see from picture that the balcony looks larger is it. And does it have a cover over it or is it open above. Has anyone stayed in this cabin .

Thanks for any help

Sorry it appear ignorant but which "coast" does your coastal cruise cover?

Thanks for input I am looking forward to this cruise first time we have did a coastal cruise.

Too funny that we're doing the same cruise in the same cabin, 1 year apart. Tell ya what, bookmark this thread and next year I'll photo the dickens out of the cabin for you. Inside & out. Then you'll have the best info possible.

Being on this side of the ship is best when heading North. You'll have a better view when coming into port.

Joel

Sorry it appear ignorant but which "coast" does your coastal cruise cover?

caber, this is a northbound Pacific Coastal. It departs out of Los Angeles and sails to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Astoria, OR, Seattle, Victoria, BC, and finally Vancouver. Many refer to it as the "Wine Cruise" due to the Californial stops.

Joel

I haven't stayed in B747, but the balcony is bigger (by about half).

If I remember correctly (from last August), all the balconys on Aloha and Baja are completely exposed; on Caribe they're half covered, half exposed; and on Dolphin and Emerald they're completely covered.

While we were in mid-ship balcony cabin on Dolphin deck, all the Aloha and Baja balconies were completely covered, the Caribe balconies were half-covered and the Dolphin balconies were completely uncovered, which concerned a lot of people.

I don't know if the position of your cabin means that the balcony is uncovered, but I'm pretty sure all of Baja is covered.

Your itinerary sounds great--very relaxing!

We loved the Sapphire; have fun!

Are you doing it May 9th- May 16 2009

thats when we are doing it,

Apparently ship is almost sold out

You caught us! Yep, we're on the same roll call for the May 9th, 2009 sailing. I also noticed the 2009 sailing was just about full.

Joel & Diane

• 7 months later...
Too funny that we're doing the same cruise in the same cabin, 1 year apart. Tell ya what, bookmark this thread and next year I'll photo the dickens out of the cabin for you. Inside & out. Then you'll have the best info possible.

Being on this side of the ship is best when heading North. You'll have a better view when coming into port.

Joel

I've just uploaded my balcony photos on CC. Here is the link:

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=71082

BTW, the cruise was great! Lot's of wine stops to be had. Surprisingly, we were able to go ashore in Santa Barbara even w/ the fires. Turns out our excursion was well north and didn't interfere w/ the efforts of the fire crews.

Joel

• 1 month later...
I've just uploaded my balcony photos on CC. Here is the link:

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=71082

BTW, the cruise was great! Lot's of wine stops to be had. Surprisingly, we were able to go ashore in Santa Barbara even w/ the fires. Turns out our excursion was well north and didn't interfere w/ the efforts of the fire crews.

Joel

Looks like the orginal link broke.

Here's a new one. Or just search by my handle- martij6 - in the Cruise Critic Photo Gallery.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=78563

Joel

Archived