Does anyone think 7 days is too much?

megustamex

I am all over the place on what to book - 3 day, 4 day, 7 day. It's our first cruise. I hate to pour the money into a 4 day without getting to go to all of the cool ports and experience the special meals/shows that are only offered on a 7 day cruise. But does 7 days get too long on a ship? On another site I see so many good reviews for the 3 and 4 day cruises and so many bad reviews for the 7 day. Is it just too long on a Disney ship (or any ship?).

For our first cruise, we booked a 3 night Disney cruise, because we weren't sure if we were going to like cruising. I wasn't sure about getting sea sick or if there was going to be enough to do. When friends ask me about a first cruise, I always recommend a short one to begin, just in case. We found that we love cruising, and that most times even 7 days are not enough, but each person is different. Disney is our favorite cruise line, just a right mix for us.

well if your not sure if you like cruising then 7 days or more is a must.

I could cruise for 30 days on DCL and wouldnt tire of it:D

But for a new person often a 3 day is a nice taste of it. At the end most wish theyhad booked a 7 day.

If its economics your thinking of a 4 day costs almost as much as a 7 day and you miss a weeks work anyway, so you may as well opt for the longer cruise, to get your moneys worth out of it.

Our first was a 4 day and we were sorry we didnt make it a 7 day.

Good luck with your decision.

We were on a 12 day this past summer and loved being on a ship that long. Granted it wasn't DCL but we still liked the longer cruise.

I would either go for the 4 or 7 day cruise, the 3 day is too short especially for a first cruise. If you choose the 7 day go for the ports you want to visit.

Definitely the 7 day.

We (DD10 and me) usually cruise 7 days or longer, and it always goes way too quickly. Because of the DVC member cruise, we did sail on the Wonder for 4 nights last week. The whole tempo of the ship is different, as the crew doesn't have the down time in between events that they do on the 7-nt.

I'd recommend the 7 nt Eastern with 3 days at sea for a 1st cruise!

And be sure to work with an agency that specializes in Disney as they may be able to offer you a discounted rate or onboard credit.

After doing the 14 night Panama Canal repositioning cruise on the Magic in 2005, 7 days seems way too short!! Our first Disney cruise was a 4 night, and we thought it was too short, so we started doing 7 night cruises. But that 14 night cruise, really spoiled us!

Our first cruise on DCL (or any line for that matter) was 7-nights, and I have to say, it was too long. We were honestly bored - mostly b/c we didn't really know how to enjoy a cruise. We were WDW vets who were used to getting up early to be first in to the parks and we were looking for days packed with activities. Cruises aren't like that. While there certainly are lots of activities on a cruise, there is also a lot of just relaxing. We weren't ready to do that. I booked the 7-night over the 4-night for all the reasons you mentioned - better ports, more shows, character meals, etc. We almost didn't cruise again because we simply didn't like it. I had a friend convince us to try again on a 3-night and since then, we've taken several 3 and 4 night cruises on DCL and enjoyed them all tremendously. I have a 7-night booked for 2009 and we're planning to go on one of the special European cruises rumored for 2010. I'm hoping that now that we've had some "practice" we'll enjoy these longer cruises more. If I had to do it over, I'd have started smaller.

Just my 2 cents!

Riggins - well, I guess I am relieved to face the facts with what might be my biggest fear! We too are WDW nuts (have done 3 parks in one day at times) and are worried that there won't be enough to fill the "at sea" days. We also spend a LOT of time sitting around the house with the kids doing nothing and are really anxious to have a lot of planned things to do with them to break up the monotony. Honestly, we came back from a trip to a fantastic Mexico all-inclusive last year with the kids and said "WDW is the only trip out there with kids" because we were kind of bored just being on a beach. We feel like we really need a lot of activities to keep us all entertained together, but we're kind of getting burned out on WDW. Unfortunately I still am on the fence, but I appreciate your input!

I too am a WDW vet and I am use to running myself silly at the parks. I actually had no problems filling my days on our four night. My boys were either in the Mickey pool or in their respective clubs. I felt like I spent my time running from one activity to another and inbetween kids clubs. I actually never saw half of the ship and was surprised at just how much I DIDN'T get in. I ran around so much that when I got home I slept for fourteen hours from being exhausted. haha The kids and I loved the cruise very much and I cried with them when we got off the boat. We are currently planning a 7 night for 2010!

7 days is way too short.

in 2006 i did my first cruise a very short 7 night dcl cruise. i told my wife never again will we do a short 7 night cruise.

in 2007 14 night dcl repo

in 2008 15 night dcl repo

in 2009 i got a 12 night rccl cruise booked

in 2010 it will be the 12 night northern europe cruise.

Different opinion on it's way!

We have done 3 7 day cruises (Just got off the Magic yesterday) 1 4 day and 1 5 day.

By the time a 7 day is over, I am ready to get off the ship.

5 day left me wanting a tiny bit more time and a 4 day (IMHO) is great for a first cruise, but would seem to short after that first time (we did a 7 day for our first, and it seemed too long).

Archived