why such big difference in taxes?

I was checking something and all of the sudden I noticed that there was a big difference in the additional taxes/fuel you have to pay over your base fare.

Below a 7 night mexivan riviera cruise. All going to the same ports:Cabo, Mazatlan an PV.

Royal Caribbean (from LA) $243.68

NCL (LA) $281.56

Princess (LA) $248.58

Carnival (Long Beach) $ 264.54

HAL (San Diego) $367.38

Just guessing here, probably some difference is due to where the ship docks and what facilities they may be using. There maybe a difference between LA, Long Beach and San Diego fees. There also could be a differnce based on the size of the ship as well as how many passengers it carries.

Just guessing here, probably some difference is due to where the ship docks and what facilities they may be using. There maybe a difference between LA, Long Beach and San Diego fees. There also could be a differnce based on the size of the ship as well as how many passengers it carries.

the taxes portion is also based on a percentage so if the cabin cost is higher or lower on what ever line then the tax portion will be figured accordingly. In addition the length of stay in a particular port I was told goes into figuring the port fees.

the taxes portion is also based on a percentage so if the cabin cost is higher or lower on what ever line then the tax portion will be figured accordingly. In addition the length of stay in a particular port I was told goes into figuring the port fees.

The tax portion is the same no matter if you book a inside cabin or a suite. Its not a percentage, its a flat fee, right?

The taxes should be the same for everyone booking the same cruise. Maybe you mean from one ship to another it matters what the average cost of the cabins is or something? Sorry, you lost me. (just asking, I know you are a TA or something, I'm curious). I know you are over my head, but I like to understand these things just for my own edification.

The tax is a flat fee regardless of the cabin category booked. The port charges are variable but port location, vessel size etc.

Each cruise line breaks down their port charges and taxes differently -- some add the port and NCCF's to the base cruise fare and then list the tax and fuel separately while others list the base fare and then itemize the taxes, port and fuel.

Archived