First timer on RCI - a few questions about Mariner

We finally were able to land a good price yesterday on the WOW sale and get to enjoy our first cruise on RCI. We are trying an interior Royal Promenade. Big difference than our normal oceanview or balcony but its different.

A few questions which I have researched for awhile now:

How are the beds - Princess is horrid; Carnival is wonderful.

Drinks such as lemonade, fruit punch, ice tea - what are they and are they available 24/7?

Is the ice skating rink available to the public or just for shows?

Does it have a movie theater for those of us who can't take much sun?

Thanks to all for any help.

Welcome aboard! I've not been on Mariner specifically, but been on Explorer (sister ship).

PR Cabin - we love this cabin and looking out over the promenade.

Beds - never had trouble with an uncomfortable bed on any of the ships and I know that many of the ships have the new bedding, which is really nice.

Lemonade, punch, etc: are generally available all day at the Cafe (in the promenade) and at many of the bar locations.

The ice rink is available to the public but at various times, so check your daily compass. I had also read that if you bring your own skates that there are additional times to use the rink - but haven't tried that yet. Will most likely on our next cruise because we'll be on the ship for 12 nights.

There is a theatre, not sure where on Mariner, but there are plenty places to hang out inside the ship to be away from the sun.

Enjoy!

Good news! Wonder how to find out which ships have the new bedding.

Is the Cafe Promenade area free or somewhat like Princess where charges are on some items and others are free. Do the bars charge for ice tea? They do on Carnival and Princess.

I think the little movie theater is on the front of deck 2. We saw a funny movie, Wild Hogs, which was the most favored movie last Easter believe it or not. There were other movies they rotated too.

I believe open ice skating is only for 30 minutes at a time if you have to use their skates, but longer if you have your own skates, or at least thats what I read here.

I would love a PR cabin, what fun. Dont forget to close the curtains when you change clothes though. I love the window seat to people watch. Check out the Cafe in the promenade, its really great for snacks late at night. pizza and soft cookies were my favorite, but they had pastries in the morning and finger sandwiches and fruit and coffee and iced tea (no ice which I thought was wierd).

You can get lemonaide and iced tea up at the buffet too free of course, I just prefered the cafe.

I think the beds on RCL are kinda hard, just my opinion, one place Carnival has the edge.

Good news! Wonder how to find out which ships have the new bedding.

Is the Cafe Promenade area free or somewhat like Princess where charges are on some items and others are free. Do the bars charge for ice tea? They do on Carnival and Princess.

Everything in the promenade cafe is free. I didnt know this and saw the sign saying seattle's best and thought there was a charge for the first 3 days. Pizza piping hot right out of the oven and the coffee was good there and everything is FREE FREE FREE

Everything in the promenade cafe is free. I didnt know this and saw the sign saying seattle's best and thought there was a charge for the first 3 days. Pizza piping hot right out of the oven and the coffee was good there and everything is FREE FREE FREE

Now that is exciting news! I know Princess had some scrumptious things that were different to eat at their International Cafe. So we will have 2 choices to go to get something to drink and snack on now that I know of the Promenade Cafe.

you'll love the mariner. she is a beautiful ship. I remember the iced tea, coffee and water were free, but i don't remember seeing lemonade. (im sure they had it) The only thing there was a charge for in the promenade is the ice cream. we found the beds very comfortable.

Does she have flat screen TV's since her drydock in all rooms?

Also are the showers teeny tiny or decent turn around size? Princess is tiny with hardly any rack space for shampoo and soap and Carnival is decent size with shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower.

I seem to recall having lemonade in the Windjammer.

Whether one likes the bedding is a very personal thing - we didn't like it, but I hear lots of folks raving about it (and we were on after they put in the new bedding, I think); we're going to try having an egg crate this year.

To us the new bedding on the Mariner is just as comfy as the new bedding on CCL. Make sure you pick up a snack and drink in the cafe promanade to take to the movie theatre with you. Also try stopping in the pub one night, a fun place for a drink with a guitar player and occ. singalong. Enjoy!!

the bedding was great in our opinion, the promenade cafe has regular seattles best coffee for free, but the specialty coffees at the counter in front of the cafe are not free.the free little samichs are yummy too

love the mariner, cant wait til next new years:D

dave

Beds very comfortable, mattresses new. Did not have a flat screen in our cabin. Showers very nice sized. She is a gorgeous ship and to chime along with the others, the Cafe Promenade is great. 24/7 and friendly staff.

Does she have flat screen TV's since her drydock in all rooms?

Also are the showers teeny tiny or decent turn around size? Princess is tiny with hardly any rack space for shampoo and soap and Carnival is decent size with shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower.

The showers are round, the hoop is curved in a half circle that holds the shower curtain. I didnt find the shower too small, but the way they put the toilet in the corner my knee kept knocking into the wall or the toilet cleaner thingee, it was almost a 90 degree angle in the corner. My legs must be too long.

the bathroom was pretty I thought.

We finally were able to land a good price yesterday on the WOW sale and get to enjoy our first cruise on RCI. We are trying an interior Royal Promenade. Big difference than our normal oceanview or balcony but its different.

A few questions which I have researched for awhile now:

How are the beds - Princess is horrid; Carnival is wonderful.

Drinks such as lemonade, fruit punch, ice tea - what are they and are they available 24/7?

Is the ice skating rink available to the public or just for shows?

Does it have a movie theater for those of us who can't take much sun?

Thanks to all for any help.

Cruisin.....GET ON THE MEET AND MINGLE THREAD!!!! TELL EVERYONE!!! hahahaha

Archived