C&A Savings Certificates for an Existing Reservation

I searched the board and couldn't find an answer for this so.....

I just saw the Oct. savings certificates and there is one for a cruise I already have booked and have turned over to a "large internet based TA".

Does anyone know if I can call my TA and get the certificate applied to my existing reservation?

It may not matter, but my TA does honor price reductions.

Any help from someone has done this successfully in the past would be greatly appreciated.

I searched the board and couldn't find an answer for this so.....

I just saw the Oct. savings certificates and there is one for a cruise I already have booked and have turned over to a "large internet based TA".

Does anyone know if I can call my TA and get the certificate applied to my existing reservation?

It may not matter, but my TA does honor price reductions.

Any help from someone has done this successfully in the past would be greatly appreciated.

I have had a savings certificate applied to a booking. In my case I had cancelled a cruise and transferred the booking number to a different sailing and the savings certificate was applied at the time I transferred. The certificate was for the new sailing I was choosing.

I would not think a transfer of booking number is considered an existing reservation. I did this in May of this year.

My booking was directly with RCI though and not a travel agent

At one time we used a TA from a very large agency. We had used her several times before we found out about price reductions. After we did find out, we asked her to apply one for a cruise we had booked. She complained and complained about her commission being cut and how she was just going to start booking "high end" cruises and cruise lines, etc. That was the last time we used her. She missed out on over 25 cruises in the last 7-8 years. Very short sighted.

In the last batch of certificates, there was a coupon for my Serenade cruise next year. All of us that had already booked got ours applied (a few had to push their TA to so though).

Okay have to ask:) did any of you on that cruise already had a NC onboard credit or for booking onboard another ship?

Won't even ask about Shareholder:D

Okay have to ask:) did any of you on that cruise already had a NC onboard credit or for booking onboard another ship?

Won't even ask about Shareholder:D

Not that I know of. And let's not get into THAT fun discussion now because we both know what kind of can of worms that would be!;)

Next cruise, C&A coupon and shareholder credit.

But to answer the original question, my travel agent has always had coupons applied to bookings if they came out at a later date but, he is not a large internet agency. Some online agents list in their terms that they will only honor coupons if they reprice the rate because the reduction in fare reduces the amount of their commission. By all means, try it, it is all up to your TA.

Does anyone know if there are any certificates for the Mar 1/09 sailing to Mexico (Mariner)?? I haven't received my C&A mail for ages. There was a mixup, but it is now sorted out, but I still was just wondering...

Does anyone know if there are any certificates for the Mar 1/09 sailing to Mexico (Mariner)?? I haven't received my C&A mail for ages. There was a mixup, but it is now sorted out, but I still was just wondering...
Here are the coupons being offered for Mariner. It looks like you just missed March.

Night Mexican Riviera Cruise

$150 USD / Deluxe/Suites

$150 USD / Balcony

$150 USD / Outside

$75 USD / Interior

Mariner Of The Seas 2009: Sep 13

7 Night Mexican Riviera Cruise

$150 USD / Deluxe/Suites

$150 USD / Balcony

$150 USD / Outside

$75 USD / Interior

Mariner Of The Seas 2009: Apr 05 , Apr 12 , May 10 , May 24 , May 31 , Jun 14 , Jun 28

I am not able to see any coupons when I long into RCCL. I see savings certificates, but cannot click on it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone help me out and check to see if there are any coupons for Explorer of the Seas 5 day to Bermuda in Sept. 09?

Would appreciate it very much. Thanks

AS, if you go to C and A on the webpage and click on offers then login you should get the certificates

Have tried this, and it does not work.

Do you have to have a cruise booked to do this, because it tells me I have no reservations.

At this point, we are just in the planning stage. Thanks

Have you cruised with RCCL before? You have to be a C&A member to get them I believe.

Have tried this, and it does not work.

Do you have to have a cruise booked to do this, because it tells me I have no reservations.

At this point, we are just in the planning stage. Thanks

Yes, we have cruised with them twice, but do NOT have a reservation right now.

When I log in, my name comes up, but doesn't let me click on to Savings Certificates.

Really frustrating!

They are still having "issues" with their website... I have the same problem & I am diamond. The site is showing NO cruise history or C&A status.. so I can't see the coupons either...but I can log into my sister's account & my nieces account & see theirs... C&A assures me they are "working" on it...4 weeks & counting...:(

They are still having "issues" with their website... I have the same problem & I am diamond. The site is showing NO cruise history or C&A status.. so I can't see the coupons either...but I can log into my sister's account & my nieces account & see theirs... C&A assures me they are "working" on it...4 weeks & counting...:(

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know it's just not me!

I have contacted them. Maybe they will help me out.

Ok, you have an account on RCCL's website. When you log in, go to Profile, slide down - is your C&A membership number entered? I have my C&A number in my profile and can see the Savings Certificates. When I log into one of my kids' accounts, where I don't have their C&A numbers in I can't get to the savings certificates.

Yes, we have cruised with them twice, but do NOT have a reservation right now.

When I log in, my name comes up, but doesn't let me click on to Savings Certificates.

Really frustrating!

Kathy,

There were coupons for the 3/1/09 Mariner cruise, I believe they expired on Sept. 30th, but keep checking. We are a group of 20 with a TA and she applied all the coupons for us. Good luck!:):):):)

Archived