Carnival for wedding?

You've got a good outlook so I think you will be fine. We postponed ours because we wanted to go on the 10 day cruise on Princess which was more expensive. We would have only had to wait another 4 or 5 months from our inital date of May 2010 but unfortunately, the cruise we want to go on is only 2 sailings per year so we have to wait until April 2011. I don't mind the wait really.....we are getting a suite and gonna splurge on ourselves big time! LOL It is definitely worth the wait. However, should I win the lottery than we will go earlier! :D

Barbie

Hollidaygal, Thanks! I used a medication called Chantix a quit smoking pill (I'm sure you've heard of it). It worked within 1 week, and I stopped taking it after 1 month, and I still have NO urge to smoke. I will sing it's praised till the day I die!!!! It was a wonderful experience! The side effects were minimal and very much worth it. It only caused minor dizziness, nausea in the beginning (cutting dose in half solved that problem), occasional weird dreams, some trouble falling asleep, and being hypersensitive to the after-smell of ciggarettes! The smoke didn't bother me, it's the smell of someone after they smoked....It made me want to get sick. It was like an old ashtray X100. Even going out drinking, I'm not tempted! You should consider it! It worked like a magic pill.

AS far as my plans go.... ugh, I don't know! I do know I want an island ceremony, and most likely reception. Esbie gave me great advice, as I was completley unaware that some ships stayed in port that late. I could just hug her for that, it's exactly what I was looking for. I'd love Bermuda b/c they stay a couple days, but I think you know how often they leave out of Florida... and it's pricey. I am going to work on finding lines and locations that have those late hours. I have plently of time to figure it all out though, thank God! We aren't set on any particular date, but we were thinking the fall 2010-spring 2011. I know the schedules don't come out this far in advance, but I can atleast get a good idea of who, what, where, best season and how much! The more expensive, the longer we'll wait.... I'm not in any hurry though, he's not going anywhere :)

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll give it a try. I need something cause I know cold turkey sucks!!

Sounds like you know what you want and you have no problem waiting. That's great! That gives you time to research, save, and get great advice , ideas and suggestions from this board. Yes, Bermuda is expensive. Do the ships stay in St. Thomas overnight? It's a great place for an island wedding and not too expensive. Anyway, enjoy your engagement! :)

Archived