Is it considered gauche to...

twirlacurl

Yes, I am attempting the same thing. I put together a "generic" packing list that would work for a two week cruise. I cut it in half for a 7-nighter. I did one for DH, too.

We can each get into a 26-inch suitcase now, which is definitely downsizing.

I don't know if I can ever go to just a carry-on, because I don't like wearing the same thing over and over, even here at home.

DH, on the other hand, will wear the same shirt out of the house (change into a tee when he's home) until I literally put it in the dirty clothes and hide it from him. I have to tell him sometimes that I don't want to sit across the table and look at THAT particular shirt again!!

He would be the guy with the carry-on for a two week cruise in the future, not me!!

Depends on what dress. If it's a simple black dress, then it's fine to wear both days. You can accessorize with a different necklace, add a belt, do your hair differently, etc. But if your dress is a colorful design, for example, then it will be very noticeable to wear it twice.

I understand your situation. For me, half the fun is dressing up. For our cruise in October, I wore a different dressy outfit each night and a formal dress on formal night. I actually had one dressy outfit and 3 casual outfits left unworn, but we are driving distance from the port. So trunk room is our only constraint. I think you will be beautiful no matter what you decide. Have a fantastic time!

Archived