Galveston Recovery

Every day this changes and more opens up

:)

As Galveston Island continues its long road to recovery from Hurricane Ike, it's incredibly exciting for both citizens and would-be visitors to the Island to see tourism-related businesses begin to reopen.

Below is a listing of Galveston Island lodging facilities, restaurants, and bars/pubs. . The lodging-related properties listed below have graciously provided inventory to Galveston.com, which can be booked online here, or via our toll-free number at (888)939-8680. The restaurants and bars/pubs listed below are either open for business now, or will be some time between now and November 1, 2008.

Additional hotels, motels, condos, and Bed & Breakfasts that may or not be accepting tourists can be found in the Galveston.com Lodging Guide.

Check back for continual updates.

As Galveston Island continues its long road to recovery from Hurricane Ike, it's incredibly exciting for both citizens and would-be visitors to the Island to see tourism-related businesses begin to reopen.

Lodging:

Beachcomber Inn

Bishops Bungalow

Bob & Donna's By the Sea

Candlewood Suites

Coastal Dreams Bed & Breakfast

Commodore on the Beach

Comfort Inn & Suites Stewart Beach

Galveston Seashell Getaways

Hotel Galvez

Inn at the Waterpark

Moody Gardens Hotel

The San Luis Hotel

Ursuline House

Restaurants

The Cafe at The San Luis Resort

Benno's on the Beach

Bernardo's at Hotel Galvez

Casey's Seaside Cafe

Chili's Grill & Bar

Denny's (Seawall Boulevard)

Domino's (Seawall Boulevard)

Dutch Kettle

El Gusto del Pueblo (opening October 13th)

Fishtales

IHOP

The Jetty at The Holiday Inn Resort

Joe's Crab Shack, 3502 Seawall Blvd.

Landry's Seafood House

Leo's Cajun Corner, 3201 Broadway

Miller's Seawall Grill (opening November 1st)

New York Pizzeria

The Original Mexican Cafe (opening October 20th)

Palm Court at The Hilton

Papa John's

Papa's Pizza, 4400 Seawall Blvd.

Pho 20

Queen's Bar-B-Que

Rainforest Cafe

Saltgrass Steakhouse

Safari Bar & Deli

Shrimp N Stuff

Sonic (Seawall Boulevard)

The Steakhouse at The San Luis Resort

The Spot

The Stork Club

Sugar Bean at Evia

Tortuga Coastal Cantina

Waffle House

Wendy's (Seawall Boulevard)

Whataburger (University Dr.)

Nightlife

3rd Coast

The Bar at The San Luis Hotel

B'Jiggers Lounge

Captain Jack's Beach Bar

Float Patio Bar

H2O

The Poop Deck

Safari Bar & Deli

The Spot Tiki Bar

The Stork Club

Galveston Cruiser,

Have you heard any report on Mosquito Cafe or Pic's? They are some of our favorite Galveston restaurants.

Mosquito Cafe - Not yet but is under construction. Know family and they are full speed ahead. Will call Steve and get time frame.:)

Pics I will drive by and see what I can find out.

Mosquito Cafe - Not yet but is under construction. Know family and they are full speed ahead. Will call Steve and get time frame.:)

Pics I will drive by and see what I can find out.

Thanks, Galveston Cruiser. We're planning to drive down to Galveston later in the week to eat at FishTales. Hoping to do what we can to bring Galveston back to normality.

Any news on Quality Inn at 5900 Seawall?

Rick

It should be fine. I will drive there also.

Most Seawall properties were left in decent shape and will recovery more quickly say than the downtown ones.

On the south side of island Seawall height is 17 ft at the Gulf

and heght declines one foot every 1500 feet to north side on the port.

I feel quilty for asking, but does anyone have any info on Baymont? Also, has telephone service been restored to the island yet, because when I call I get a disconnected recording. We have reservations for Dec. 12 & 13th. Surely they will be up and running by then. I did call their main reservation line and it still shows our reservations according to the gentleman I talked to.

Thanks!

I feel quilty for asking, but does anyone have any info on Baymont? Also, has telephone service been restored to the island yet, because when I call I get a disconnected recording. We have reservations for Dec. 12 & 13th. Surely they will be up and running by then. I did call their main reservation line and it still shows our reservations according to the gentleman I talked to.

Thanks!

Be glad to check for I am running around town at times.

What street is it on? Believe i know where it is though.

How did the Poop Deck fare with Ike?

I have been to Galveston a few times to visit a friend and I never went inside the Poop Deck, but I loved the name.

I am moving to Houston for a job from the Austin area in 3 weeks and Galveston is going to be my frequent weekend get-a-way from H-Town.

It is a great little city and I know it will come back better than ever. :)

The Baymont is open and full of contractors/insurance folks

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to help me. I wonder if they will honor my reservation for December? Hopefully phone service will be restored soon.

How did the Poop Deck fare with Ike?

I have been to Galveston a few times to visit a friend and I never went inside the Poop Deck, but I loved the name.

I am moving to Houston for a job from the Austin area in 3 weeks and Galveston is going to be my frequent weekend get-a-way from H-Town.

It is a great little city and I know it will come back better than ever. :)

Galveston is fun town with warm people and lots to do like Austin.

Texas Motocycle Rally, Dickens on Strand, Mardi Graw with parades and Krewe parties, and etc. all coming up soon. :)

How about The Diner by the Days Inn? Did they have much damage?

Also wondering about a small cycle accessories shop going out to the west end in a strip mall like place, shared with some other stores and a gas station. The owner is retired Navy, has a white dog that greets all his customers. I can't think of the store name at the moment, and hubby has the business card in his wallet.

does anybody know how much damage the harbor house sustained? have reservations for nov. 20th. i've tried calling and e-mailing them,but haven't had luck either way.:confused:

If you check the HH web site you will find that they will not be available until early 2009 they are currently housing construction crews. We had to cancel our reservation for December. We will be looking for a new pre-cruise hotel.

Archived