Aft Balcony Views

bb24

We are looking into booking a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. There are 3 aft balconies available on Deck 9 but it says they have an obstructed view. How obstructed are they exactly?? I've always heard how wonderful the views are, but I haven't seen anything about that. Is is something on the Mariner only? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!:)

It's not really an "obstruction" in the literal sense of the word. The hull of the ship extends beyond the rail of the balcony, meaning you won't be able to look straight down into the water. You will have a full outward view of the wake and the horizon. It's not really a huge deal! Whatever your eyes see, becomes your "view". The balcony on the aft cabins more than makes up for the slight defect of no downward view!

Most viewing is done while standing at the railing, anyway!

this website has a couple of pictures I took from our aft balcony on the Adventurer of the seas. I'm thinking the views on the other ships are similar?

http://home.comcast.net/~dave.williams5/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

You are correct for the Voyager and Freedom class ships. The other classes that have aft balconys do not have the superstructure.

Even with the extra steel back there, I'll take an aft balcony any day!

We are looking into booking a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. There are 3 aft balconies available on Deck 9 but it says they have an obstructed view. How obstructed are they exactly?? I've always heard how wonderful the views are, but I haven't seen anything about that. Is is something on the Mariner only? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!:)

less obstruction the higher up you are. I had a corner aft on Deck 9 on Explorer and there is a pole on the balcony that obstructs some view and also limits the space.

I personally preferred my aft balcony on Mariner which was more in the centre..cabin 1694

Let us know which cabin you book. I am sailing on Mariner in April and am in cabin 1392 aft:)

We're in 1392 on a voyager sailing in Nov, so I'll be sure to report back on it, but after sailing in 1690 on Mariner, I'm sure we'll love it.

Archived