Any new ship for the 2009-2010 caribbean season?

caribbeanboy

Costa usually publish their itineries around February / March time frame, so for the 2009 / 2010 they should be out 20th. Feb. 2009.

Costa is very adventureous when it comes to opning up new markets, e.g. Far East or Indian Ocean but they only do this with their older ships. When it comes to positioning thie new / newest ships then they are very conservative.

In the past the have had the Fortuna/Magica and Mediterranea/Atlantica in the Caribbean, maybe they will position Serena/Concordia there for 2009/2010 but certainly not the Luminosa / Pacifica. Shame!:(

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Blu! Don't forget that sast season they had the Mediteranea/Fortuna in the Caribbean. I was sad to see that this year they only have 1 ship and no sailings in November.

I hope that 2009-2010 brings 2 ships and maybe even a longer season.

I have to agree that it's a shame that Costa has only one ship in the carib this winter. I'm not sure what their reasoning was on that decision. We sure enjoyed our suites on the mediterranea last christmas (at a fraction of the cost of the other cruiselines:))

I, too, vote for a longer season as Costa will be out of Fort Lauderdale before our spring break this year :(.... can't wait to see what next year's schedule looks like since we already have an '09 - '10 school schedule.

Costa will certainly start eariiler next (2009) starting with the Atlantic with it's first Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on 7th. November 2009.

We'll have to wait till next February to get the full 2009/2010 itineries.

I love it when I get the new Costa catalogue (like having Christmas again) and paging through it looking at all the new stuff (and old stuff) on the long dark winter nights together with my very own X1 package.:rolleyes:

When will Costa do a world cruise? 3 months on the Meditteranea - I think I could survive. ;)

Ron

What I heard, earlier this year, was that Costa were spread their fleet far and wide to test new and consolidate new markets in anticipation of their 3 new builds with a total of 7500 berths coming on line over the next 18 months.

Ron

Oh, that's pretty interesting.

So Blu, have you decided about your March 2009 cruise yet? You stil have question marks next to it.

Abita,

The March 2009 cruise is long booked. :rolleyes:

As the cruise is still to come the three ? indicate I have no opinion of it as yet. If the three ? are still there next April then you will know that the X1 Package completely obliviated any recollection that I may have had of the cruise.:eek:

Ron

Archived