Floating Mat Rentals at Orient Beach?

JAKcruiser

After reading about the various beaches in St. Marten, we decided that we'd like to go to Orient Beach after our tour with Bernard on October 29. It will be my husband, 12 year-old son, and I. What I'm trying to find out though, is do they rent floating mattresses there? This trip is to celebrate my husband's recovery from chemotherapy and surgery. He doesn't have the strength yet to swim but he LOVES floating on a raft in the water.

Does anyone know if they DO rent the floating mats there, and if so, which area of the beach? My son's preference is an area with less nudity! Thanks so much for any advice offered!

After reading about the various beaches in St. Marten, we decided that we'd like to go to Orient Beach after our tour with Bernard on October 29. It will be my husband, 12 year-old son, and I. What I'm trying to find out though, is do they rent floating mattresses there? This trip is to celebrate my husband's recovery from chemotherapy and surgery. He doesn't have the strength yet to swim but he LOVES floating on a raft in the water.

Does anyone know if they DO rent the floating mats there, and if so, which area of the beach? My son's preference is an area with less nudity! Thanks so much for any advice offered!

I don't recall seeing any beach mats in the water.

The best solution, just find an area you want to park yourself, rent the lounges and umbrella there and then wander up and down the beach in the central area. Some of the big beach bars have extensive watersports programs and might have what you need. Most of their websites are down now so I can't give you a link. Kakao in particular has lots of activities.

Orient photorama

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

Thank you so much for all your responses. Since my DH won't be able to swim, I want him to be able to at least enjoy being in the water. A few years ago we rented floating mats at Half Moon Cay and they were wonderful. That is what got me thinking of them for this trip. I'll post upon our return about our experience.

The ocean is salt water and has greater buoyancy than fresh water. Unless you hubby loses it when his feet can't touch the bottom he will find it difficult to get in trouble. And this is coming from somebody who was afraid to let go of the side of the pool 'til I was 40. I now routinely paddle with my sort-of-sidestroke from the beach to the floating platform at Club O with no problem because my body panic system now knows how to keep stabilized in the gently flowing current.

Archived